What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Droserarrarium

• Thread starter mass
  • Start date
  • Tags
    dews
Going to start a new, large-ish, tank today dedicated solely to my dews. Thought I'd post a couple pics of one of my smaller tanks for inspiration. That, and I want to make sure I do it right. ;) I'll post plenty of pics here once I'm done. Start to finish of course..

100_7629.jpg

100_7630.jpg

IMG_6842.jpg

Ohmygosh that Nep is so beautiful.

I must say I'm jealous. Keep us updated on the progress with your dew tank!

Looks so coolly overgrown! Oh yeh I've got a N. Veitchii x Platychila on the way, I thought you'd like to know :)

That is a beautiful tank! What conditions do you grow your moss in (temps, humidity, lighting, etc.)? That is a gorgeous Truncata!!! (it is a Truncata right?) Can't wait to see the new dew tank once it's setup! Good luck!

That is a beautiful tank! What conditions do you grow your moss in (temps, humidity, lighting, etc.)? That is a gorgeous Truncata!!! (it is a Truncata right?) Can't wait to see the new dew tank once it's setup! Good luck!

The tank is in my HL greenhouse.. so I'd say it get's like.. 80*F days, 58*F nights, and it's covered, so the humidity inside is anywhere from 90% to 100%. And I only allow it to get very low light from a few T12's.
And it's a truncata x veitchii 'Batu, Buli'.. IMO, a truncata with an extreme makeover. ;)

Keep us updated on the progress with your dew tank!

haha.. yeah. You know I will Summer. ;)

Looks so coolly overgrown! Oh yeh I've got a N. Veitchii x Platychila on the way, I thought you'd like to know :)

Congrats! Definitely one of my favorites of the veitchii crosses. You won't be disappointed.

Can't wait to see it get put together!

Also your current tank is amazing :drool:

Will be following along here. Can't wait to see what you come up with :)

This is gonna take a little bit before it looks presentable. Temps are holding tough at 80*F day (night is unknown at this point) with 90% humidity.

Last edited:
It's getting there.. Just need to add misc. plants and sundews, and we'll be up and running.

IMG_6869.jpg

IMG_6870.jpg

Too much humidity...can't see in there! LOL

only 97%.. :rolleyes: I've since added a large fan.

looking good mass :) im looking into a repti humidifier for humidity but i dont want my light bursting, may put glass over the tank then add the humidifier and put some shop lights over the glass?

Psh, only 97%?

Psh, only 97%?

haha.. yeah. With the fan it's down to 90%.

looking good mass :) im looking into a repti humidifier for humidity but i dont want my light bursting, may put glass over the tank then add the humidifier and put some shop lights over the glass?

that'd work.. I cover all of my tanks with plexiglass. ;)

Mass Do you have a problem with the plexi cracking or obscuring the light after a while? Or do you just replace?

Mass Do you have a problem with the plexi cracking or obscuring the light after a while? Or do you just replace?

Nope, no problems. And doesn't need replacing..

Cool I have p[lexi in the shed for another project. IDK if mine has the UV coating or not. I will give it a try. Thank you Mass. It might be better for me. :-D

Mine doesn't have UV coating.. but it IS bullet proof!

Back