What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Working with cephs, dews, and LFS.

Still going to use this for droseras.. but I decided to use it mainly for cephs. Had to repot one, started using live LFS heads as top dressing, and just went nuts. I'll just add the dews later in the fall. Added a few ivy cuttings as well. In due time, this tank will be looking good.

Sorry about the washed out pics. Had flash issues..

IMG_6888.jpg

IMG_6890.jpg

IMG_6892.jpg

I've got the petiolaris dews a little further down in the media. They're hitting the water level, so I think they'll be happy.

IMG_6894.jpg

IMG_6901.jpg

IMG_6895.jpg

IMG_6905.jpg

So far I've got C. "Typical", C. "Hummer's Giant, C. "Czech Giant", C. "Big Boy", and C. "Vigorous Clumping" added.

IMG_6904.jpg

IMG_6896.jpg

IMG_6903.jpg

A little concerned about how this peat is starting to look. But the Byblis is coming up like mad!

IMG_6900.jpg

Wow! That's a lot of LFS and Cephalotus; they all look really healthy. :awesome:

I don't think the D. paradoxa and falconeri should be with your cephs though, since it likes warm conditions and cephs don't seem to.

*edit

Actually, I think I'm wrong... The petiolaris 'dews and cephs both grow in Australia, right?

...oops.

A whole lot of varieties of cephs!:-O

A whole lot of varieties of cephs!:-O

Hey thanks.. It's mostly typicals and HG's, but the others are in propagation. So hopefully I'll have just as many of them all in no time.

Wow! That's a lot of LFS and Cephalotus; they all look really healthy. :awesome:

I don't think the D. paradoxa and falconeri should be with your cephs though, since it likes warm conditions and cephs don't seem to.

*edit

Actually, I think I'm wrong... The petiolaris 'dews and cephs both grow in Australia, right?

...oops.

;)

Well done mass! Nice cephs! Which petiolaris species are in there?

So far only a D. kenneallyi and a couple D. paradoxa.

Me envy the Czech Giant...

how i envy your moss, i wish i could get mine to grow like that!

how i envy your moss, i wish i could get mine to grow like that!

I wish my LFS would grow like that outside of the tanks. I'm still working on that one.. :rolleyes: But in the tanks is a piece-0-cake. Covered tank, water in the bottom layers, low light, low heat.. and wahlah!

New pics..
And a few questions. You can see from the thermometer that the humidity it high (87%-90%) with temps just shy of 80*F. The large fan is keeping good airflow with and fresh air coming in one end and out the other of the tank lid. I'm only using 2 4ft. T8's. I'm hoping the cephs, few S.A. dews, and helis will be happy. I'm sure I'll have to move the petiolaris dews to different quarters. My question is this: Will the helis be happy in this environment?

IMG_6921.jpg

IMG_6922.jpg

IMG_6910.jpg

IMG_6920.jpg

IMG_6914.jpg

IMG_6913.jpg

IMG_6915.jpg

IMG_6918.jpg

IMG_6911.jpg

IMG_6916.jpg

IMG_6912.jpg

New C. "Czech Giant"

IMG_6917.jpg

So much green, it burns!

Looks great....I'm unsure if the lighting is enough, but otherwise looks like it's gonna work.

Looks great....I'm unsure if the lighting is enough, but otherwise looks like it's gonna work.

Had the same thought. But it's either 4 T12's or 2 T8's. All 6 causes the heat to sky rocket.. Which I think will be an issue if I go back to the 4 T12's. So this is a test run as far as the light is concerned. Starting to wish I had a light meter.

Czech Giant:drool:

If you happen to get a PAR meter...get one for me too ;)

Thats a beautiful tank Mass. great job:).

NICE!!! :0o:

I'm inspired I am!

Back