Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 46 of 78 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Mato's Pic Thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You are clearly a skilled grower, sir! Kudos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is incredible! You sure can grow em! Even the Sphagnum, is the most incredible thing... Just mind blowing!

IMO, your picture updates are one of the greatest things on this forum! Always some amazing new pitchers to see! Your Nepenthes are like, the girl next door!
    <Av8tor1> as big as peat is, the bear runs not him

Big Boss, Founder, and Major Cheese of the Canadian Association for the Cultivation of Carnivorous Plants... Ask if you want to join, I'm the only member...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i lurked after your update but never posted. your updates are always magical but with your new additions... dear god.

the N. lowii x 'Sabre Dark Cherry' has so much potential my brain can't handle it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    seriously considering replicating this setup due to space issues and how well your plants grow. do you have problems with mold from excessive humidity? what are your humidifier perimeters?
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha thanks, guys. If I were more of an emoticon user, I'd have selected the blush icon by now. I really appreciate it.

@amph: My humidity varies a bit more than some of the other set-ups people describe. I don't let my humidifier run at night - save the 15 minute intervals that occur three times throughout the night - and keep the window directly behind the rack open, so the humidity tends stay in the 60% to 70% range (although it will drop lower if it's colder outside). To give you an idea, today my hygrometer shows the max humidity was 93% (which likely occurred while the humidifier was on during one of the 15 minute night-time intervals, so is more or less irrelevant) and the low 62% (this figure is usually in the mid 50s).

Due to this fluctuation, my plants are never wet for prolonged periods of time and are therefore not affected by mold (with the exception of the odd bit growing on an old pitcher that has been producing too much nectar around its peristome (but even this rarely happens)). When I was originally trying to figure out the ideal timings for the humidifier, I set it to turn on for three hours straight during the night and there were signs of mold growth. Most gardeners know not to water plants before sunset, so it wasn't much of a surprise.

Let me know if I've elucidated this well enough, since I tend to explain things better in the morning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds good. thanks very much for the elaboration.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow great set-up mato! Love the last photo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must agree with the masses! Everything is looking great Mato and nice update.