Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 57 of 78 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast

Thread: Mato's Pic Thread.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing plants. I love all the species, and how you have a white background for photographing them.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    p.S.. Does it count as CO2 exposure when I stand over my plants breathing heavy, as I blurt profanities at them for being slow?
    Depending on how often you do that, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanukimo View Post
    Amazing plants. I love all the species, and how you have a white background for photographing them.
    Thanks, Tanukimo. The white background is just a cloth storage container from ikea, which is becoming progressively filthier and not so white.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Swagnum: That's just a cheap Walgreen's humidifier with a bit of tubing stuck in it. The lights generate a lot of heat, but I've only had this thing set up for a day or two, so I'm not overly confident with my answer yet. I plan to install flood trays and a misting system, which will drop the temps.[/QUOTE]

Good to know (for me at least) that the T-5s do produce a significant amount of heat, I am planning on growing lowlanders and intermediates in my tent.
    It's good that you found a simple, "off the shelf" humidifier set-up. How has your humidity in the tent been so far?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The T-5s generate a good amount of heat. My 4 tube fixture can warm up a 10X10 grow space easily which provides a decent temp drop when the lights go out. I'm curious to see how the lights would affect temp in a smaller grow tent and how you deal with the pooling of water on the floor due to the humidifier.

Any plans for CO2 supplementation?

BTW, I forgot to mention the hurrelliana. One day...
    Last edited by DonH; 04-16-2014 at 01:59 PM.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWAGnum View Post
    Good to know (for me at least) that the T-5s do produce a significant amount of heat, I am planning on growing lowlanders and intermediates in my tent.
    It's good that you found a simple, "off the shelf" humidifier set-up. How has your humidity in the tent been so far?
    I try to keep the humidity in the 70s, just to curb the heat a bit. The heat generated by the lights makes the humidity fall much, much quicker than it ever did in the rack.

Quote Originally Posted by DonH View Post
    The T-5s generate a good amount of heat. My 4 tube fixture can warm up a 10X10 grow space easily which provides a decent temp drop when the lights go out. I'm curious to see how the lights would affect temp in a smaller grow tent and how you deal with the pooling of water on the floor due to the humidifier.

Any plans for CO2 supplementation?

BTW, I forgot to mention the hurrelliana. One day...

I'll probably add some fans on the lower levels, just to make sure the moisture doesn't settle under the shelves. It's something I've noticed already.

I've been thinking about supplementing CO2, but the venting system will pull it out. Those Exhale CO2 bags seem decent, but I think a tank would probably be better (I just have nowhere to put it).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing plants, Mat. Very beautiful and well grown -- keep up the good work!
    Cheers,
    Paul

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by killerplantsguy View Post
    Amazing plants, Mat. Very beautiful and well grown -- keep up the good work!
    Cheers,
    Paul
    Thanks, Paul. Got a ways to go to reach some of your sizes, though.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little update on the tent situation. It took a while for me to sort out the temperature and humidity issue, but things finally seem to be stable. I only wish this heatwave would pass so that the nights would be a bit cooler.

Tent

Tent