Likes Likes:  0
Page 61 of 78 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Thread: Mato's Pic Thread.

I Am the Terror Of the Night! NemJones's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that N. klossii and N. attenboroughii are stunning.
    How old are they?
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-03-2015 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. N. attenboroughii was germinated in 2012 and the N. klossii is one of the BE [what does "BE" mean?] clones. Not sure how old it is, though.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-03-2015 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Nomenclature - undefined abbreviation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked your thread yesterday for an update, ironically enough. Needed my fix..
    As usual, you never fail to produce plants I can look up to. It's always good to remember my goals.
    -For some reason I can't get my N. vogelii to pitcher. Whatcha got for pointers?
    -Tried to pre-order a N. veitchii x TM [what is this?], but they went fast. Nice score!
    -Even more than my SG eddie [what is this?], I miss my N. lowii x ephippiata the most. Definitely keep pics coming of that one. Again, I'll need my fix!
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-03-2015 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Nomenclature - undefined terms

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, dude. I can't say my plants have all been the healthiest lately, due to things that go wrong when heat is involved, but I appreciate it.

I haven't noticed N. vogelii requiring anything in particular. It's been one of my easier plants for a while and just receives the usual highland to intermediate swings throughout the year. Pretty tough species that's probably similar in cultivation requirements to N. stenophylla, N. fusca, or maybe N. faizaliana.

That N. veitchii x trusmadiensis is from Christian Klein in Germany and looks a little different from the ones at EP ["EP" is a reference to what?]. Seems there are some similarities, but the different parents seem to be making this one more "golden" and less striped. It's the type I was hoping to get, so I'm pretty happy (Andy Smith's plant is the goal in mind).

Sorry to hear about the plants you had to sell. I'm sure there will be a time when you can get some of those back.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-03-2015 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Nomenclature - undefined abbreviation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, you're doing really well with N. argentii!
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-03-2015 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pebes View Post
    Wow, you're doing really well with N. argentii!
    Thanks, Pablo. Seems to do well with intermediate temperatures and decently high humidity. I have it in a kanuma mix, which stays relatively dry, but have since been told the species "loves sphagnum," from someone who used to grow a vining specimen. May try that in the future with a net pot.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-03-2015 at 03:25 PM. Reason: Nomenclature

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOOOOOOWWWWW....

That's all I have to say.

Wait, no it's not. Seriously, wow!!

Your N. argentii is doing so well, if you ever want a first born child, or all my personal belongings, just let me know because I am JELLY with a capital J. What's the origin on the plant?

And a N. hurreliana inflorescence? Wat?? Last I heard this plant was hardly even in cultivation!

Very impressed Mato, you are doing this hobby right.
    Last edited by Dexenthes; 10-08-2014 at 11:03 AM.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, the plant is one of the BE [What does "BE" mean?] clones, otherwise I don't think there are any other true species in cultivation (the BCP [What does "BCP" mean?] plants turned out to be hybrids and I can't think of anyone else who sells it). There's a basal on this one, so hopefully it can be divided at some point.

Yeah, the N. hurrelliana was traded to me as a cutting from a decades-long grower in the US. It's the same one you see in other collections, aside from the beautiful plant that belonged to Geoff Wong.
    Last edited by Joseph Clemens; 02-03-2015 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Nomenclature and undefined abbreviations