What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mato's Pic Thread.

• Thread starter mato
  • Start date
awesome plants and pics :clap:
So, yeah, nothing special. As some of you know, I'm really more of a nep man. Give me a girl with some big pitchers and BAM! ..I'm putty in her hands.
u just said that -.-
:-))

nothing

Last edited:
excellent pics! I love your neps, they look really happy! :)
thanks for posting!

oohh nice!

Love the 'dews!

Love the moss growing around the dews makes the plants stand out and look even better :D

dang dude.. you're off and runnin'. Everything looks great.

love the last dew pics,vivid colours (colors)

nothing

Last edited:
Sorry for your troubles Mato...thats awful. I need more fans for my terrarium or i'm going to eventually have something similar happen.

Yeah, always gotta keep that air moving. This was really a much more minor problem than I originally thought. I probably didn't even need to cut the pitchers off at all, as the fungicide would have killed any mold.

On the bright side, I do have 4 pristine pitchers frozen in my fridge for future crafts. I'm thinking of making a shadow box. :bigthumpup:

Mato, in addition to the 15 minutes you are running your humidifier during the night, how long do yo urun it during the day? And do oyu run your fan 24/7 or only when the humidifier is on?

Thought I'd also show you guys the pitchers that were cut.

IMG_3939.jpg

VB, I am essentially running the humidifier whenever the lights are on (6 a.m. to 6 p.m.), but I have decided to give it a break from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.. The fans are hooked up to two different timers: Fan 1 is on the same timer as the lights and Fan 2 is on at the same timer as the humidifier, so when the humidifier comes on in the middle of the night, it is blown by only one fan.

Think it's time for a bigger rack. (that's what she said)

Yeah, always gotta keep that air moving. This was really a much more minor problem than I originally thought. I probably didn't even need to cut the pitchers off at all, as the fungicide would have killed any mold.

On the bright side, I do have 4 pristine pitchers frozen in my fridge for future crafts. I'm thinking of making a shadow box. :bigthumpup:

Really depends on the mold. if you have powdery mildew it can be a pain to get rid of. Fungicides dont kill it just control it. I hope thats not what you have.

nothing

Last edited:
Is that the lowii x veitchii from me? If so.. it's veitchii x lowii. MUCH nicer cross IMO..

Very nice plants! That ovata is huge!

Is that the lowii x veitchii from me? If so.. it's veitchii x lowii. MUCH nicer cross IMO..

Yes, corrected, and yes.

Very beautiful plants. I really like the one you suspect is sib x talangensis. Nice cephalotus too.

Back