What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mato's Pic Thread.

• Thread starter mato
  • Start date
Beautiful photos!

nothing

Last edited:
WOW!! Look at who's a heavy hitter.. very nice.
That veitchii x lowii is showing a lot of promise. As is the squat.. Two very nice additions. Where'd you get those beauties anyway? :awesome:

Everythings looking amazing.. Loving the lowii hybrids Mat. The sibuyanesis pitcher just reminds me of some fat guy kickin back in a jacuzzi.. Idk why.. its cool though :D

Feel free to show pics of the N. sibuyanensis anytime you want, Mat. I love that plant.

Hey so do I! The tubby little pitcher's are just funny :)

Very nice! The lowii x truncata squat is looking amazing

You have some nice plants there Mato! The macro looks like it is starting to hit it's stride!

real nice

thats one beautiful lowii x trunk, everything looks great :D

While we're at it.. I don't see any lights up above. Is this all natural sunlight.. in the apt? I need to rethink my grow space! And get rid of some cats..

On those rare days of the year when the sky in Portland isn't overcast, I like to open the blinds on the rack to give the plants a healthy of dose of red, morning light, which they don't really receive with the 6500k bulbs. Otherwise, the lights are about 22 inches from the plants on the top shelf. From the angle of the picture, you can only see the middle shelf, which holds the cephs, heli, and sundews.

I also wanted to ask you where the veitchii x lowii came from? The one I have from Wistuba is much hairier than the one I received from you.

On those rare days of the year when the sky in Portland isn't overcast, I like to open the blinds on the rack to give the plants a healthy of dose of red, morning light, which they don't really receive with the 6500k bulbs. Otherwise, the lights are about 22 inches from the plants on the top shelf. From the angle of the picture, you can only see the middle shelf, which holds the cephs, heli, and sundews.

You can add 4100K bulbs to compensate

Last edited:
nothing

Last edited:
Lookin' good Mat. I think there's quite a bit of purpurea in that leucophylla X oreophila though.

Lookin' good Mat. I think there's quite a bit of purpurea in that leucophylla X oreophila though.

Yeah, Jacob said something about it having different features because it was a parent plant of some kind. I didn't really follow.. so I'll definitely be emailing them to double check.

But than again, it could definitely be possible that the parentage isn't right, because they had the singalana x (ventricosa x sibuyanensis) mislabeled as (inermis x singalana) x mira.

Yeah, I bet that Sarracenia is either catesbaei X oreophila or mitchelliana X oreophila. The oreophila parent may also be flava, hard to tell especially when it was obviously labeled incorrectly to begin with. Nice plant though.

Looking good as usual. What was that media you had your regia potted in?

Looking good as usual. What was that media you had your regia potted in?

haha, thought you might ask about that. It's peat/pumice/APS with a layer of pumice on top.

Sweet pics mato, love the first shot of the neps.

Back