What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mato's Pic Thread.

• Thread starter mato
  • Start date
Love the glabrata, what a sweet, underrated species that is. We should see that plant more often. (and kudos on the hamata!)

That's an awesomely fat N. glabrata. It'll be interesting to see what the uppers look like. I wish mine would grow just a little bit faster...

Well, Jacob Farin thinks the unidentified plant is ventricosa x talangensis, and considering they have had a healthy stock of this plant since the time I bought it, and have never stocked sibuyanensis x talangensis, I think I may have my I.D... at least tentatively so.

Well, Jacob Farin thinks the unidentified plant is ventricosa x talangensis, and considering they have had a healthy stock of this plant since the time I bought it, and have never stocked sibuyanensis x talangensis, I think I may have my I.D... at least tentatively so.

I also have that cross fom Jacob/Jeff, and mine looks very much like your plant.

The camera's messed up, so I had to screw around with it for a while to get one, half-way decent picture.

Anyway, new robcantleyi pitcher is pretty different from its dark predecessor.

IMG_4840-1.jpg

Great coloration on that robcantleyi! I wonder how dark it's going to get.

Well, the old camera has already been replaced. Here's some shots just for testing purposes.

IMG_4843.jpg

IMG_4842.jpg

IMG_4845.jpg

Last edited:
Love your Robcantleyi, the lid is particularly unusual!

It's.. So.. Bright..! I'm blind..!
Looks a lot like my pics now. :p

First Sarracenia flower in my care opened yesterday. Kind of a milestone, but just the beginning. Plants receive full sun from like 7 am to 7 pm, so everything is growing rather quickly..

IMG_4887.jpg

IMG_4886.jpg

IMG_4884.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

~mass scoffs and puts out his welcome mat~

Nice. I like the hamata and glabrata.

Nice! My first is just about to open with others not far behind. Sping has finally sprung in our area.

nothing

Last edited:
Still can't wait to see my first sarr flower. Never seen one.. I'm jealous.

nothing

Last edited:
Interesting.. What are the benefits of viewing the spectrums?

Well, for me it was just to see the different intensities of the wavelengths. The GE Starcoats, for example, were very bright in the blue spectrum, but also had a pretty good range. It's not like this is a very accurate way of measuring the spectrum, but it sorta gives you an idea.

But mostly, it's fun.. :evil:

Last edited:
wow thats neat! I want one! Good to know the Starcoats are pretty balanced.. my top shelf is all starcoats.

Back