What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mato's Pic Thread.

• Thread starter mato
  • Start date
Nice work, Mat. The N. eymae and N. klossii really caught my eye.
Best of luck producing campanulata seed!!!

Cheers,
Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the looks of the N. deaniana. I wasn't aware of that one existing. Is it going to get much bigger?

Thanks, guys. It's been fun playing with the new camera a bit, even though I'm not one to really "compose" a shot.

Mark, it was discovered a few years ago and is said to produce pitchers that are relatively large, around 1 - 1.5 liters or so. Most species in the mira [Really? I think you mean, N. mirabilis] complex seem to be capable of these sizes. [Please try to remember your audience, when posting. It isn't restricted to forum members, or other Nepenthophiles]

Yeah, does anyone else offer it?

Not sure, im sure there are some seed grown ones around. Also wistuba sometimes has seed grown specimens of new releases too.

Nice! A flowering N. campanulata ["Camp" is not a binomial plant name, in any sense of the concept] And it seems so young and small... My N. campanulata is still very small, unfortunately.

Nice job Mato,

it's IMPOSSIBLE to not be envious of your collection. You've really got all the most notable and desirable species that I can think of.

The Giardia special..

N. nigra by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

N. leonardoi [not an accepted name, synonym of N. deaniana] by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

N. tobaica by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

N. lowii by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

N. lowii by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

N. ephippiata by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

N. klossii by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

N. hamata "hairy" x hamata by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

N. macrophylla by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

N. macrophylla by Aspidistra Flier, on Flickr

Nice update Matt.

Nice job Mato,

it's IMPOSSIBLE to not be envious of your collection. You've really got all the most notable and desirable species that I can think of.

I agree. This is one of the threads that I really get excited when I see pop up.

GAAHHHH!!! Oh, the torture, oh the envy!!!
You seem to not only have, but are succeeding incredibly with, the majority of plants on my "desperately want" list. :D :p

Thanks, guys. It's a little embarrassing to hear people are envious of the plants. I post photos of some of the less common plants to catalog how they're coming along for others to see, since I've noticed that the majority of people growing them don't document until they're somewhat large, or not at all. Remember, "rare" in this hobby has a temporal connotation.

N. macrophylla - ahhh!

Was the N. tobaica one of the seedlings you sprouted awhile back? And, I've gotta ask - why Giardia special? 'You been sick, dude?

N. macrophylla - ahhh!

Was the N. tobaica one of the seedlings you sprouted awhile back? And, I've gotta ask - why Giardia special? 'You been sick, dude?

haha Yeah, took a trip south of the border and brought back an unwanted guest. Seems to be short-lived, though.

No, I bought the N. tobaica when it was already a few inches in diameter.

Awesome plants and pics!

Giardia? are you sick at home Mat? why's the N. klossii lid upturned, were you feeding it or did it just grow that way? great set.

excellent plants! In that group it's pretty hard to stand out, but that N. tobaica sure does look fantastic!

Thanks, guys.

Pablo, the lids are always upturned. Yours doesn't do that? I thought we had the same clone.

Christian, that dark N. tobaica is one of my favorites. There aren't many other species that show so much color diversity. By the way, how is the N. spectabilis x hamata doing that I managed to ship with stupendously poor judgement?

Back