User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who uses those ultrasonic pond fogger thingies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there, just to add my experience based on your "Riddle me this"

I use the sunpentown su-2000 ultrasonic humidifier. Not sure of its cooling effectiveness but a nice 2gallon+ storage capacity. I plumbed the unit using 4-5ft of half inch tubing and used a T-junction to get it to the two grow racks I had been using. Worked like a charm at keeping humidity at 70% on average for both grow areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greg - perfect, that's exactly what I was looking for! Now if only they hadn't discontinued those su-2000s... bah! Still looking for something comparable. The 2 gallon tank is clutch; all the others I can find are 1 gallon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ebay it!

base

tank

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh.. well I thought you were talking about those stupid little fogging discs.
    I also use an ultrasonic fogging humidifier in my HL GH. Walgreens brand, $25.. been using it 12 hours a day for 6 years with no problems. Walmart also has a bunch of cool mist, and warm mist available for $32 and up.

Your status under your name reminds me of Tom Green in Road Trip. "UNLEASH THE FURY!!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Magic! Thanks everyone!

@Greg - funny, the base & tank components together cost more than the fully assembled unit, shipping included! Wonder how that works.

@Mass - I was talking about those stupid little fogging discs! There was chatter around here a while ago talking very highly of them; it seems as though opinion has shifted. But I'm probably just going to spring for this Sunpentown SU2000. It's spoken of so highly around here I feel like I can't go wrong... and the 2 gallon tank is convenient.

And my status... yeah, that Tom Green quote may or may not be a reference to Yngwie Malmsteen's famous outburst on a Japan Airlines flight a few decades ago. If you "get" the humor in flashy 80s virtuoso guitarists and their ego-driven, leather pant-strutting, permed hair-flipping antics, you'll have a good laugh if you Google "Yngwie Malmsteen unleash the fury." Might want to educate yourself by listening to some of his music first, though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah lol google wins again

someone trying to make a quick buck on ebay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I happen to have made one of those 5 gallon bucket humidifiers when I started my HL tank. You guys obviously don't know about the float that you can buy so you can fill it pretty much all the way up.
    http://www.amazon.com/PYTHON-AQUARIU...965024&sr=8-10
    There are other places that sells them, just google.

Since then I added an additional 8 inch pipe to the fan, just so there isn't any water splashing up that might hit the fan.

I'm using it with a ZooMed Hydrotherm controller.
    A slight snag happened, the power supply for the mister burned out after a month of use. I got a replacement and tried it on the same mister and did it again in 2 minutes. I suspected it was the mister its self and it was. Luckily I had a lower wattage power supply from a old laptop, it works but not as much mist comes out. Still keeps my HL tank at a decent humidity level. So I'm happy, and since it doesn't use a lot of water, I only filled it twice since I put it all together in July.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast