User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who uses those ultrasonic pond fogger thingies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just discussing this in the chat window with Amph:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

It's pricey, but it's by far the cheapest 5-disc fogger out there... the same prices as a 3-disc fogger from mainlandmart.com. It even comes with its own buoy! Trying to figure out whether it's overkill, though. I'm trying to fog two 18" x 48" shelves at a time with humidity spreading to two additional 18" x 48" shelves directly above and below the two receiving fog. With my little portable humidifier, when aimed into the air intake coming in below my lights, the fog is completely evaporated before it has traveled 24" or so.

5-discs (considering price): thumbs up or down??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFury View Post
    One thing I would ask of you - do you have a parts list or something that I can work off of? I'm terrible at figuring out the proper names/sizes for all these PVC fittings. Did you just make a trip to Home Depot and pick from their selection or was any of it specially ordered?
    I kind of had a list. It pretty much depends on what size fan you have and what size tubing you're going to use. I used a 4-3 inch adapter into a 4inch x 2ft pipe cut to about 8 inches and a 4inch coupler for the fan side. The fan you are going to have to round the sides to fit. The tube side I think I used a 1inch - 2inch adapter -> 1inch - 1/2 inch threaded reducer -> 1/2inch barb and 1/2inch tubing (inner diameter, don't remember the outer). Oh and of course a 5 gallon bucket and lid. When you go, bring your fan and just start putting everything together and see if they all fit. That's pretty much it.

Edit, I think the 5 might be a little overkill. Are your shelves enclosed at all or just open?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this creates the humidity?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Paul! Will definitely start snooping around my local Lowes for supplies.

I'm trying to fog two 18"x48" shelves and have the residual humidity cover two additional shelves. My rack is enclosed on four sider with Mylar and shower curtains but the top and bottom are open. I have two fans pulling air into the side of the rack and one fan exhausting air out the top.

5 discs may be overkill, but this one unit costs as much as many three disc units. And a single disc unit might be UNDERkill! What do you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here's my setup...err...click on the fugly pic.

my recommendation is if you're going to use the 5 disk model, you should somehow increase the amount of air flow to help facilitate evaporative cooling efficiently....that a lot of mist being generated...
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh also the hardest part I found was cutting the holes in the lid. Unless you have a 3 inch & 1inch hole cutter or just a sharp utility knife.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul, how did you get the fan in the tube? That is the part that intrigues me.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cut the sides, then sand them done to make it more rounded. keep fitting it as you go and if you use a 4inch coupler, theres a little lip that the fan sits on. And yes there will be a little gap on the center sides of the fan. trying to fit a square in a cirlce type of deal.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast