User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Who uses those ultrasonic pond fogger thingies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A couple of people on here use those reptifogger things. They look solid, and the flexible hose is pretty convenient, but considering what they are they're a little overpriced, IMHO.

I went ahead and bought myself a Sunpentown SU-2000 after much flip-flopping. In the end, the simple fact that it's more cost effective than purchasing two or three disc foggers won out. It cost like $60 whereas the least I could have expected to pay for a bucket fogger setup was about $70 (at least two discs, a fan, a bucket, and some PVC pipe). I expect the result to be... well, not a whole lot different.

I'll let you know how things look once I get everything rigged up and fogging away.

I also threw in a Hygrotherm on that order so I can control the humidifier more precisely. New toys!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fury, you should expect the following to happen:

1) Tank hot/warm.
    2) Turn on fogger and fans, evaporative cooling initiates.
    3) As cooling progresses, RH will begin to rise.
    4) Cooling completes, RH continues to rise.
    5) RH reaches 99%
    6) Condensation occurs, at this time fogger can be turned off.
    7) RH will begin to decline as fans continue pushing air out.
    8) Temp may begin to rise, at this point turn on the fogger again.

this might be best accomplished by putting the fogger on a timer. frequency of how often the foggerr turns on will depend upon what temp you want your terra to go down to. i hope this helps.
    " You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya
    +growlist
    +petiolaris drosera going dormant?
    +picture thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent - that's what I'm going for, for sure. Hopefully the hygrotherm will help me automate this process. Thanks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be getting only one fan for my new setup...Should I have it blowing air into the tank or sucking air from the tank?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had to choose, I'd get one fan to blow fresh air across as many plants as possible. But I think it's important to have an intake fan to get fresh air to your plants but also an output fan to exhaust hot air off of hotspots in your setup (I have two intake fans on my 4-shelf, 18" x 48" rack and one exhaust fan above the ballasts of the lights on my top shelf). I've also got two extra fans just to circulate the air inside the rack. Might be overkill, and the noise is annoying, but so far I've been running my humidifier for way longer in a stretch than conventional wisdom would deem wise, but haven't had the corresponding problems with mold or rot that one might expect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will probably have an opening at the opposite end of the fan so it blows the hot air through the hole. Its a pretty large fan for a 20 gallon tank so it should be sufficient...Do you think I should keep it on most of the day at a very low level so there is constantly moving air?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sure would, but I would defer to others for more opinions. Not only is it beneficial for temperature control, but decent airflow is a must for lots of the plants you're interested in growing... namely Helis. Of course constant airflow would likely necessitate some sort of measures to augment humidity particularly considering that you live in a place where white stuff falls from the sky in the winter time. Lucky for you, you're posting this question in a thread about precisely that topic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't allow the fog to sit anymore. I've moved onto having a fan blow across the plants, and another blowing the fog coming from the tube. The plants really appreciate the change. Just FYI..

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast