User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Who uses those ultrasonic pond fogger thingies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 2 fans, 1 fan in the intake tube and one in the tank to just circulate the air.
    My mister doesn't get hot at all. Its based off of vibrating the ceramic disk fast enough to make the water turn into vapor droplets. So really no heat here. I even have a heat cable to get it up to 80F. My tank is in the basement so it stays pretty cool down there and that's why I have to heat it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bah, I don't know how I missed this.

I use one of the pond-fogger-in-a-bucket setups. I absolutely love it. I've got it running in an entire room (no enclosed rack) and it pulls off 99% humidity in there. The downside is that it absolutely roars through water. It's eating about 4-5 gallons a day. O_O That could be a huge problem for someone without an RO unit. The nice thing about them, though, is that they are kind of adjustable. Widen or narrow the passage the fog escapes the bucket through, and you lower the amount that leaves the bucket, pretty simple. Can be achieved with a ball valve if you want super controllable fog. This allows it to go through far less water.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alrighty, sunpentown su 2000 is just not available online for a decent price. And in decent I mean less than 50$. So does anyone have any experience with cheap walgreens/walmart humidifiers?
    I'm looking for something to add to my shelve because with evoparative humidifier that I have now once the lights are on humidity drops to 45% and with lights off the max is 70%.

Crane Cool Mist Humidifier (1 gal capacity) - 44$

does this rag smell like chloroform to you? boxofrain's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just went to my local big box store and got a "vick's cool mist humidifier".
    Add a timer and yer all set.
    "the memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Walgreens humidifier that I used for a little over a year before chopping it up for experimentation. I believe mass has a Walgreens one as well (isn't that statement somewhere in this thread?) that he's used for years and likes.

EDIT: Yup...

Quote Originally Posted by mass
    I also use an ultrasonic fogging humidifier in my HL GH. Walgreens brand, $25.. been using it 12 hours a day for 6 years with no problems.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _ReApEr View Post
    I have a Walgreens humidifier that I used for a little over a year before chopping it up for experimentation. I believe mass has a Walgreens one as well (isn't that statement somewhere in this thread?) that he's used for years and likes.

EDIT: Yup...
    Hmm so I got that Crane ultrasonic humidifier. I am not familiar with ultrasonic humidifiers so I can't really compare I guess, but to me it looks a bit weak.

Humidifiers "exhaust" hole is barely 2cm in diameter and on full the mist rises about 10 inches at 45deg angle. It looks like the fan that is installed in the unit is rather weak. So I'm planing to "void" the warranty and disassemble the unit tonight to see whether I can replace the fan, adjust its speed, or maybe remove some restrictors installed in place.

I was hoping to use this unit to "humidify" all my three shelves. But it looks like it will be barely enough for one.

Maybe a bit of a vague question, but how good are the walgreens ones?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe u should return it and get a better unit

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

this might work better http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holmes-HM186...item2c60ad9a80

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

or something like this

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Honeywell-HE360A-Whole-House-Powered-Humidifier-/170729152636?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c040207c

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MICKEY View Post
    maybe u should return it and get a better unit

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

this might work better http://www.ebay.com/itm/Holmes-HM186...item2c60ad9a80

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 AM ----------

or something like this

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Honeywell-HE360A-Whole-House-Powered-Humidifier-/170729152636?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27c040207c
    The unit was shipped to me. Returning it will be a hassle (calling target and arranging the return, sending back and paying for shipping, waiting for money to be refunded, dealing with customer service that is bound to eff things up). I think I might improve it instead.

The unit in first link is not ultrasonic humidifier it is evaporative, that is similar to what I have now.
    The second link is also evaporative and a bit of an overkill.

Thanks for effort though.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast