Informational! Informational!:  1
Likes Likes:  2
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: new heli chamber

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's on the bottom shelf *stretches self out to see under bottom of photo* OMG I see a truncata....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ohhh those are in the bins on floor, yep a couple royal truncatas, one is mine and one im baby sitting

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well what else is in there?!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm i got a villosa and a hamata, but the hamata has been in suspended animation for a long time...villosa likes me though

i gave my big neps away long ago dear....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent as always Butch!
    Indeed, automated is the way to go. I have a few automated systems going & I spend only a few minutes every couple weeks to add water to them & that's it!
    Hardest part is sometimes forgetting about them altogether when things get busy, but my one large self watering terrarium actually "sounds" different when the water is low, which helps a lot!
    People can't believe I have a terrarium that "rains inside"! Freaks most people out!

Oh, and for those who need to get large sheets home in a small vehicle, they used to keep a large T-square in the sheet lumber department, but have stopped the practice. So for recent years I have simply walked over to the department with the metal yard sticks & grab a T' off the rack, go measure & cut what I want & then return it. I already carry a small tape measure & folding box cutter with me, so cutting most things is a snap! when cutting styrofoam products, make your cuts shallow & many, & from both sides. Then snap the panel to break it apart. Otherwise the knife will snag on the styro & the cut edge will be rough & not cut well at all.

Well, guess its time for me to finish redoing my shelves too. They have been a pain & problem for a long time, & I have been needing to automate them like my other set-ups for a long time. A project put off long enough!

Nice work Butch!

Experience is the best teacher. At least it used to be.
    But then, common sense isn't so common anymore, is it.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113866

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Paul.... my local Kroger grocery store as a neat feature for their fresh produce display.

A few moments before the high pressure misters come on, the display's lights flash and the sounds of thunder are played.... now that would freak out your friends even more LOLOL

Update:
    An unknown was what was going to happen to the TDS of the reservoir. My helis have a long history of monthly ferts and Trichodrema applicaitions plus they are grown in 1:1:1 APS/LFS/Perlite.

So I wasnt sure what to expect.... but after three days things have stabilized at a very desirable 39ppm :-)

Later on, I plan on making a portion of the reservoir into a sphagnum culture (think of wet/dry aquarium filters). This should add some some additional biofiltration to the system and extend reservoir water change intervals even more.

And possibly add a airstone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm definately saving your info on the self watering settup. Hopefully someday I'll have the resources to put something like that together. Ingenious!!
    Da' mishu
    Provo, Utah.

My Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...29#post1089429

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butch,

I like the idea of the crash & flash of lightning/thunder! Mmmnnn....

Indeed, my past posts with the sphagnum growing like a Banshee was in the terrarium with the "rain" & drain. I never expected that to happen, and now every few months, I have a fresh crop that overwhelms my plants.. whether I want it or not!

Now if only I can get a rainbow to show up after the "rain"! Mmmmnnnnnn!
    Experience is the best teacher. At least it used to be.
    But then, common sense isn't so common anymore, is it.

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=113866

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast