Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Got a Deal on a Humidifier!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    RO units also pay for themselves pretty quickly depending on what your options are for purchasing distilled water. If a small sink unit costs $150-ish...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once I move I plan on getting a RO unit so I dont have to worry about running out of water and that will be an awesome day lol
    But until then I'll just keep making my 1 mile walk to the store for water... on the plus side, I stay in shape
    I was here...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    use rain water for you humidifier,you should get plenty of rain in washington

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not nearly enough... I have a rain barrel though and Im still trying to find a method to clean the water cause when it comes off the house it looks yellow and I dont trust it
    I was here...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I don't see how tap is an issue... I use it and since its just vapor, nothing from the water gets on the plants"

In the case of ultrasonic humidifiers this isn't always the case. In distillation the water is separated from any impurities in part due to different boiling points/vapor pressure points.

Using ultrasonic humidifiers doesn't provide this level of purification... many have complained of white mineral depositis left behind from their use when using hard water.

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultrasonic humidifiers don't actually vaporize water. Water vapor is water in the gaseous state. What they do is "atomize" the water into fine droplets. There may be some vaporization resulting from cavitation but the contribution is negligible. For fun you can add an electrical charge to the water droplets. That way the droplets will repel each other and stay dispersed and airborne longer. As I recall the Dutch invented this process which has wide application for the dispersal of nerve agents. Works with particulates like weaponized Anthrax spores too.
    Grand Hotel... always the same. People come, people go. Nothing ever happens.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok we just got on the CIAs watch list talking about the weaponization of different WMDs. :/

Very interesting tidbit of info though.
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12