What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I need a fan currently?

Vbkid

Getting There...
So I set up a new 5"x3"x1.5" indoor green house and have the front flap open with all my plants now inside. I plan on setting up a fan soon so that I can close the front, put my humidifier inside, and circulate/expel air.
Question: I have 2 2 foot, 2 bulbs fixtures on the top rack with all my plants below them. With the front open, do I need to worry too much about heat? they are just fluorescent sunlight bulbs.
Thanks,
Kyle

How is the temperature inside the rack? It'll depend a lot on the ambient conditions in that situation. I'd throw a thermometer in there and let that make the decision.

My guess is that it would be hard to know until everything is setup...then again I don't have a setup of that scale.

I'm guessing he means feet, not inches. Wee tiny nepenthes terrarium go!

Funny thing is I saw " and just assumed feet given the dimensions. I was saying I've never had anything that large and enclosed but it's something you would just need to test out at see what the conditions are like...

Back