What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Current Growing Setup

Vbkid

Getting There...
So today I finally stopped by Lowes and picked up some wire to hang my lights below a shelf instead of sitting on top of them and rearranged all my plants while I was at it.
Here's the current setup:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hugh-jass/6284360511/

I have my started nep seeds on the top shelf, on a heat mat and above the lights for warmth.
On the shelf below the lights I have the majority of my plants. All have been doing well in the past month or so since I got most of them, so I'm very happy about that.
Below the shelf are some trays to catch water when I water through the pots, as well as my big Miranda that just doesn't have space on the current shelf...I might move it to the very top.

A few notes: Once I get another timer for a fan and humidifier, I plan on zipping up the plant rack and just having the fan and humidifier run every few hours fr maybe 20 minutes to keep heat down.

Besides that, I'd just like to thank every for both all the advice and plants I've acquired recently, I'm glad they are prospering and can hopefully be split eventually to continue the cycle of giving!
As always, any advice is appreciated!
Kyle

Looking good dude :)

If you wanna make everything automated I suggest getting a Hygrotherm Device. It controls the humidity and the temps in the grow space and costs only about 70 bucks or so. It also has a nighttime temperature drop feature controlled by a photocel.

I've had mine for almost 4 years now I think. It works great :). Everyone that I convinced to get one really loves it too. It can handle 1000watts of devices hooked up to it, so you can run an AC off it in the summer if you need to cool your space down. Check it out :).

What are the temps and RH you get during the day and night? What plants are you growing in there?

Looks good, dude!

Rob,
I will DEFINITELY look into that once I graduate next semester and get a permanent setup at a new place/location.
My apartment temps are about 67F right now, and I'd imagine the lights raise it a few degrees inside. Humidity it pretty low, just my apartment. But I mist several times a day, as well as run the humidifier a few hours a day while I'm home. This will greatly increase once I zip it up with a fan/humidifier going.
As for my plants, I have mostly ones I've researched to do well as house plants. Miranda, mirabilis, a few mirabilis crosses, N. x Red Leopard, N. Albo, N. Spec x Talang, N. Sibuy x Copelandii...I think that covers most of em!
Thanks again for the input, I'm gonna go read up on the Hygrotherm Device!

Nice set up, Hugh Jass.

During high school that's the name I got put on the homecoming ballot by replacing my name on the form I had teachers sign with Hugh Jass...it was pretty awesome.

Back