Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 20 of 162 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass's GH

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @oen: glad to see you finding entertainment in my thread. I'll be sure to keep the updates coming.

An update after a day of GH work.

Moved all of my vining neps to the floor, and put together a rack for the tendrils and ivy to climb on. Hopefully that whole wall will be covered by this time next year.

Using the space as my new spacious intermediate section. Not done organizing, but at least things are put away for the day.

Up above some of the light lovers basking.

D. multifida f. extrema

D. madagascariensis

repotted my D. admirabilis today. Had roots pouring from the bottom of the pot it was in. Can't wait for this baby to start stacking.

Glad I did. Forgot where I stuck the #3 Czech Giant leaf I cut. FOUND IT!! It was in the admirabilis pot. Happily if I do say so myself..

N. "Effulgent Koto" still doing it's upper thing..

Thought this was cool. I got a sanguinea 'Purple' vine cutting. Was cut off at the top AND bottom, no roots or anything. And now we have this..

Everything seems to be coming together nicely. The regia is still pouty though. Shortly after being repotted half of the plant got broke off. Long story.. Anyways, what you see is the half of the plant that was salvageable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW I love your setup man.... so many plants... its like a little jungle in your house lol
    Last edited by tje25; 01-03-2012 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great photos Mass, that madagascariensis truly is mad hah.

I know its mentioned somewhere in the thread... but much too long to look, how big is the greenhouse? Also do you grow your neps sitting in water?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 31drew31 View Post
    Great photos Mass, that madagascariensis truly is mad hah.

I know its mentioned somewhere in the thread... but much too long to look, how big is the greenhouse? Also do you grow your neps sitting in water?
    It's a 6'W x 8'L x 7'H. Not big..
    They are slowly being phased out of standing water. Adding sandy peat and live LFS to the trays here and there. So in due time it will be a live and growing.
    In this pic, front center of the tray.. you can see the live LFS starting to come up between the pots: http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/...6/IMG_9794.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOOT! everything looks awesome dude...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nothing wrong with that size.

Sure do see it growing up... smart way to grow more lfs.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are the drawbacks to growing them in a tray of water? One of the neps I picked up from the nursery today was sitting in 1/2" of standing water and seemed pretty happy. Can all neps live like that, or can some not tolerate it? It seems like an easy fix for bringing up humidity around the plant and not having to worry about watering too often. Does the water soak up to the top of the pot?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    What are the drawbacks to growing them in a tray of water? One of the neps I picked up from the nursery today was sitting in 1/2" of standing water and seemed pretty happy. Can all neps live like that, or can some not tolerate it? It seems like an easy fix for bringing up humidity around the plant and not having to worry about watering too often. Does the water soak up to the top of the pot?
    Some plants were hating it, others loved it. It's actually more humid now, than when I had standing water. Was more of me wanting it to look more alive in here than anything.
    And with the all day mist running in the fan air, no need to water anything. Plenty of moisture in the tray media and air for it to stay happy. Plants already seem happier..