What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

I read ALL the pages! Wow!

Nice GH, certainly makes mine look like a kid's sandcastle.

Nice work on that N. villosa! But then I haven't seen a plant you can't grow!

The bug looks remeniscent of a 'walking stick', only with praying-mantis-like front limbs... No clue what it is, but it's cool. Great plants, as usual. albomarginata 'black' is one of my all time favorites, can't wait to see it color up for you! Oh, and cute kid :)

a few random pics..

I've walked to the back so many times this year we have a nice little foot trail started

IMG_3044_zps29874f2b.jpg

the bog after a few days of constant rain

IMG_3062_zpsc8e1dc77.jpg

IMG_3061_zps23788ff2.jpg

The x catesbei finally getting some veining back, but still lacking that gorgeous red it had upon arrival. Should be looking good this time next year after a long summer of sun.

IMG_3046_zpsea4fbf85.jpg

some of the oreo x Leah seedlings

IMG_3054_zps9087117c.jpg

ancestral gulfensis

IMG_3060_zpsed029dda.jpg

purp venosa 'Big Mama' x leuco white

IMG_3058_zps4dfed584.jpg

IMG_3055_zps1572ecd0.jpg

S. Brokkensis seedlings. purp venosa montana x rubricorpora
Are these too small to stay in the bog over the winter?

IMG_3053_zpsab202753.jpg

IMG_3052_zpsf416dffc.jpg

IMG_3050_zps7d9f0581.jpg

IMG_3051_zps556cbb0f.jpg

some pings in the outdoor GH

IMG_3066_zps8eadd3d0.jpg

IMG_3067_zps3eb8088d.jpg

some coastal and mountain forms living together

IMG_3072_zps199d84cb.jpg

sib x (northiana x veitchii HL) showing signs of life finally

IMG_3080_zps35b316a7.jpg

jade plant division from a generous TF member doing quite well

IMG_3089_zpsfe2ae7bd.jpg

Stylidium debile brought in for the winter

IMG_3090_zps6c7d12f4.jpg

see.. told ya I didn't need to give this kid a slow acclimation. SG N. truncata

IMG_3096_zps7486a89b.jpg

Can't quite fit this whole thing into one pic anymore. female N. x Tiveyi HL 'Sarawak Red' Watch for her in the upcoming POTM. She's working on great things.

IMG_3101_zpsf8a0a689.jpg

SG N. albomarginata 'Black/Purple'

IMG_3098_zps08d4ceef.jpg

btw, I'm growing helis again. Here's the collection about 6 months in.

IMG_3100_zpsbd3d273d.jpg

H. nutans that arrived with every pitcher broken thanks to our super careful USPS handlers. This is to date the largest heli pitcher I've ever seen in person. Sad, I know..

IMG_3092_zps822ea88d.jpg

I love this corner. droso, U. reniformis 'Big Sister', stylidium, graomo root cuttings in propagation, and a random ceph

IMG_3102_zps32650981.jpg

do the dew

IMG_3103_zps08a32f58.jpg

IMG_3106_zps57a6eaac.jpg

D. neocaledonica

IMG_3107_zps5e36f758.jpg

D. nidiformis

IMG_3109_zps78fcbd6e.jpg

D. capillaris 'Long Arm'

IMG_3110_zpsa176ddea.jpg

some stuff out of propagation and onto peat. D. madagascariensis and CZ cape giants

IMG_3111_zps289aedc9.jpg

old pot of D. madagascariensis and U. bisquamata

IMG_3112_zpse26c7a44.jpg

Last edited:
I think I see some color coming through on the "belly" of that albomarginata. Always nice to see my seed grown babies growing up happy and healthy. Looking good.

no Cp grower in their right mind can stay away from helis :) not sad you havent seen lartger ones in person, i havent either. just makes each progressively larger pitcher that much more fulfilling :D

plants look terrific Mass! truncata should keep chuggin along without skipping a beat.

thanks you two.. I'm loving both of the seedlings.

How do you manicure your capes so nicely?

How do you manicure your capes so nicely?

easy. just clip the dead or dying arms off as close to the stalk as possible from the bottom up.

mine is leaning considerably. yours are pin straight. plus the lawn of moss and the clear pot make for quite an effect

The bog plants look very happy out there!

Umm..."random" ceph? Why separated from its own kind? Looks lonely. :tumbleweed:

Love seeing pics of all your GH plants, keep 'em coming to get me through winter as most of mine will be going into their long winter sleep soon.

mine is leaning considerably. yours are pin straight. plus the lawn of moss and the clear pot make for quite an effect

Tall pots make for tall sturdy roots. And the variation of cape may have an influence. Working on that experiment now..

The bog plants look very happy out there!

Umm..."random" ceph? Why separated from its own kind? Looks lonely. :tumbleweed:

Love seeing pics of all your GH plants, keep 'em coming to get me through winter as most of mine will be going into their long winter sleep soon.

The ceph gets T5HO light being there. Trying to get that kid's color to stick around.

Is that smallest S. Brokkenensis too small to survive the winter outdoors?

I'm totally jealous of your in-ground bog. :glare: Very nice.

What is the 'dew in the second photo after the caption 'Do the dew'?

Travis: "Is that smallest S. Brokkenensis too small to survive the winter outdoors?"

With our winters here, I would leave them out no problem, don't know about the harsher winters in your neck of the woods. Being the hybrid they are, my guess is that with mulching they would be fine, but probably can better be answered by someone who grows sarrs outside in Michigan. How old are they and have they experienced a winter dormancy before?

How old are they and have they experienced a winter dormancy before?

They're 2 years old, and have only experienced a spring dormancy. It was in the 80*s for a week, then dropped into the 30*s for 2 weeks. They went dormant for a month or two.

I'm totally jealous of your in-ground bog. :glare: Very nice.

What is the 'dew in the second photo after the caption 'Do the dew'?

D'ww shucks. Thank you..
The mossy dew is D. "Pretty Rosette"

"D. erythrorhiza ssp. squamosa"

Wow!!! That thing is pretty

some pics for the masses.

N. truncata x x TM #1

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3225.jpg

N. villosa (BE)

IMG_3202.jpg

IMG_3226.jpg

here's something I don't get to post very often. H. pulchella (Akopan Tepui, Venezuela)

IMG_3228.jpg

and a couple utric bogs. U. reneformis 'Big Sister' & U. nelumbifolia

IMG_3208.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg

beautiful plants as always, the color on the N. truncata x x TM is everything... l0l

Your truncata x TM is certainly a stunner! Nice villosa too ;)

Back