What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

just a couple pics from today. More to come tomorrow..

yet another new one from truncata x ovata. That's nearly 3 pitchers in 4 weeks.

IMG_3771_zps0ead733b.jpg

and yet another new one from eymae x ephippiata.

IMG_3775_zps5ac46a83.jpg

Very nice mass! is the truncata x ovata purely highland or do you think it would grow in lowland conditions?

Man, those eymae x ephippiatas get better and better.

Love that trunc x ovata. Was a red truncata used in the cross?

i too love that truncata x ovata ,and putting out so many pitchers,has it just one growth point mass

i too love that truncata x ovata ,and putting out so many pitchers,has it just one growth point mass

yessir. It's quite a vigorous plant..

Love that trunc x ovata. Was a red truncata used in the cross?

I had my choice of a red cross, or straight truncata x ovata. I went with the straight non-red variation.. if you can believe that. Think it's just a very red cross in general.

Man, those eymae x ephippiatas get better and better.

not much love for the fresh pitchers, but the older darker ones look amazing IMO.

Very nice mass! is the truncata x ovata purely highland or do you think it would grow in lowland conditions?

I'd say the warmest it should get is intermediate-HL. But seems to be doing best in it's current conditions of HL-UHL.

So the little lady and I have been busting our butts for two days cleaning out the den, the GH, and rebuilding everything from scratch. The entire project started due to the table below my HL chamber warping and nearly collapsing under the weight of the plants. This is all still a work in progress, but at least things are back together and in a safer place..
Here's a few pics of what things look like as of now.

A look into the (now squeaky clean) den!! You can see where the AC vents from the front door of the GH. The exhaust air is very hot and helps to heat the house and save on propane.

IMG_3778_zps347cd5e8.jpg

The AC unit. Constantly sucking moisture from the air, so the pan is for the water drainage from the unit. It's also now facing the HL chamber, so it'll be much easier for me to cool the cube without having to cool the entire GH.

IMG_3783_zps7499d8b1.jpg

the newly rebuilt HL-UHL chamber in the safest place I could think of, the floor.

IMG_3782_zpsd115e9af.jpg

The cephs and dews, still in the same spot since that table is in good shape.

IMG_3779_zpsef3f6e99.jpg

Inside the cube with humidifiers on..

IMG_3784_zpsefb356b8.jpg

Inside the cube with humidifiers off..

IMG_3788_zpsf1147dd8.jpg

looks good. is that cube 2x2? that seems like a ton of humidification for it, is that just for redundancy or to create a heavy mist?

looks good. is that cube 2x2? that seems like a ton of humidification for it, is that just for redundancy or to create a heavy mist?

it's 3ft. on all sides. Which is why I call it.. DAZ CUBE!!
Before, I didn't have it sealed up properly. So it took 2 humidifiers just to keep it at 70%-80% humidity.
I just went in and turned 1 of them off, because it was getting TOO foggy in there. After monkeyin' around with it for a few days I'll be able to figure out a timer setting for the humidifiers. That way they can just come on intermittently.

:hail: Ah, paradise in the middle of winter! So jealous. All your plants looking mighty fine. Resisting the urge to turn my garage into a greenhouse room...you are not helping.

:hail: Ah, paradise in the middle of winter! So jealous. All your plants looking mighty fine. Resisting the urge to turn my garage into a greenhouse room...you are not helping.

*tsk* was just telling JerrBear yesterday how I wished I had a garage, or a basement. Would've converted them long ago if I were you.

Haha, I can barely afford to eat at the moment, but someday... Top of the list when I am employed again is looking into utilizing garage space for other than storage of junk and creating my own paradise, so be prepared for tons of questions.

Looks good, dude. Just to reiterate what was said earlier, you're going to turn your plants into tissue culture softies if you don't cut down on the humidity.

Last edited:
Looks good, dude. Just to reiterate what was said earlier, you're going to turn your plants into Wistuba softies if you don't cut down on the humidity.

I know, I know.. Just testing everything out before I get all the timers setup.

looks really good!! Very organized and healthy plants. . . I can't get enough of the rocket capensis. :p

looking good man. always good things happening in this thread.

always good things happening in this thread.

that's actually one of the nicest things anyone has ever said here. Thank you!

female x Tiveyi 'Sarawak Red'

IMG_3815.jpg

SG N. 'Whisper' finally starting to grow up.

IMG_3816.jpg

freshly opened fusca

IMG_3819.jpg

freshly opened N. veitchii x lowii EP. Will post another pic of this one after it colors up and takes shape.

IMG_3818.jpg

Good looking plants there mass!

Your Tiveyi is unbelievable. Female AND pretty? Nice catch.

Back