What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

• #1,061
good stuff mass,i am weirdly glad that you also have plants that sulk for extended periods of time,i am not alone,nice update

• #1,062
'Great pics, Mass. I've been wanting to see how your bog was coming along. I'm very impressed with the hugeness of that utric.

• #1,063
Great update! The schizandra I got from you is doing great and has doubled in size. :D

• #1,064
'Great pics, Mass. I've been wanting to see how your bog was coming along. I'm very impressed with the hugeness of that utric.

thanks buddy.
Believe it or not I actually found a 3rd flower stalk emerging from the nelumbifolia today..

Great update! The schizandra I got from you is doing great and has doubled in size. :D

fantastic! Always glad to hear things are doing well. Though not unusual to hear coming from you..

• #1,065
hey mass

Back in post 947 you have a pic of your outdoor bog with a S. purp, but you also have a d. capensis in the pic, you told me that it was a hitch hiker, but i was wondering, now that we are close to the middle of summer, how is it doing, does it seem to be doing ok outside, or is it hating it. Thanks

monkey_Cup

• #1,066
does it seem to be doing ok outside, or is it hating it. Thanks

monkey_Cup

Not sure exactly what happened, but it's just gone.

I'm very impressed with the hugeness of that utric.

Believe it or not, yesterday I found a 3rd flower stalk starting to emerge.

What exactly did you change?

I basically made 4 tanks.
All have fans inside that run 24/7.. and all are setup inside the temperature controlled GH in the den.
I allow the daytime temps to get around 80*F, then cool it into the upper 50*s at night.

Last edited:
  • #1,067
Loving the shape of this one.. SG N. eymae x ephippiata

• #1,068
How do you cool your tanks, if you don't mind my asking?

• #1,069
Same as before.. the inside of the GH is cooled with a large AC unit. So I'm able to blast T5HO light onto these 4 massive tanks without them heating up.

• #1,070
Yo mang! Post more photos of the tank! Did you just add a top to a pre-existing acrylic tank?

• #1,071
Yo mang! Post more photos of the tank! Did you just add a top to a pre-existing acrylic tank?

tanks.. there's 4 total, so far. lol
For you, I'll do a whole spread tomorrow on each and every one. Since each tank serves it's own purpose.
Thanks for stopping in btw. Been feeling a bit short of friendly's lately.

• #1,072
I got you my neezy! I'd love to see all of them. I need to raise raw humidity in my setup. I'm running out of room like like a hen who's owner is not removing the eggs (My friend told me to write that since I couldn't think of an analogy). I want to build a more controlled and enclosed environment for my plants. I just got a bunch of new goodies today that I need to keep fresh! Be easy homie!

• #1,073
Alright G, here you be..

Can see the wires running to each fan, in each tank. Again, they run 24/7..

The first tank is for the low light lovers. This one has 2 plexi-glass covers, one of which is tinted. And the plants sit down lower in the tank than the others.

As for plants, it's my BE ephippiata, SG eymae x ephippiata, 6 or 7 D. regia, and what's left of my hamata collection (BE, AW clone 1, and unknown clone rooted cutting). Kind of went crazy with selling hamatas this past month. So I only have those 3 left.. :down:

Tank 2 has just one plexiglass lid and homes all the light lovers.. cephs, helis, BE x TM clone 1, SG lowii, SG PDA x x TM, and an AW macrophylla.

Tank 3 is the closest to the AC, and holds all of my cold loving sundews.

Clump of D. villosa and D. spiralis

Tank 4 is my newest and largest. Made for SUPER bright light lovers and large plants.. mostly veitchii and truncata stuff. Temps proved to be easier to control than I thought. So removed the spacer between the light and the tank, and dropped it right down onto the lid.

Temps max out at about 80*F, and get down into the 50*s at night. With humidity always in the 85%-95% range.. And that's for all 4 tanks.

All temps are thanks to this beast..

Some ascendens and graomogolensis propagations setup in Chinese food containers.

At the other end of the house I do have a small LL tank setup under a 400w HPS bulb. This tank will be upgraded soon to something larger.
Houses N. 'Whisper', SG albomarginata Black, BE northiana (soon to be 2 of those), SG (x Tiveyi x veitchii HL) x (northiana x veitchii HL), albomarginata 'Kuching Spotted', and a SG sib x (northiana x veitchii HL).

• #1,074
Dude I just got a bunch of plants today and need to throw together a tank like that. That's baller!! Did you buy the biggest one like that or did you construct it yourself? I really like those. Are all the bigger plants still running wild in the grow tent?

• #1,075
yeah, You can see them in the back corner in that first pic. Got the humidifier running just for the vining plants.
The big tank I bought off some friends up north for $5. Even came with the wooden cabinet stand it's sitting on in that pic. I think they built it specifically for that cabinet, since they're both the same shape.

• #1,076
Thats a great looking set up im verry jealous of.your cephalotus that will be the.next plant on the.top of my.list. Great looking neps I love the look of the spooted or ones great color .

• #1,077
I love the look of the spooted or ones great color .

Is that some sort of code Abel? I'm sure it was a compliment, but not sure about what.
Either way, THANKS!

• #1,078
No code lol dnt know much about neps was talking.about older pics you uploaded the pitchers that look specled like a hamata I love that look on pitchers. Also typo on my post you quoted didnt make much sense when I read it again anyways great looking plants. Do you think you can post a close up of the D. Regia I try to zoom in but it gets to blurry
Hope this made more sense LOL.

Last edited:
  • #1,079
Code no there is. Crazy are you. Insanity total this is.

Anyhow, your plants are great!

Back