What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

Yay for some poopy pics of pleasantries.. !

N. "Effulgent Koto" pumping out uppers like some kind of machine.

IMG_0004.jpg

N. truncata HL popped this fatty open a bit early. Probably due to a repot, fert, and seat change in the GH.

IMG_0009.jpg

Finally! Been waiting for this N. chaniana x veitchii HL to do something.. anything.

IMG_0008.jpg

D. prolifera and Stylidium debile coming up nicely.

IMG_0005.jpg

The regia sprouts are starting to show some dew..

IMG_0010.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

Think the veitchii K is about done folding back..

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0035.jpg

Looks like this first thing in the morning, and again at lights out.

IMG_0027.jpg

Nearly done arranging the intermediate area. Everyone seems to like the change so far. The water jug you see there makes a nice soft drip off water running off into the tray below. Was supposed to fog, but I like this better. The sound of running water in the GH is soothing.

IMG_9888.jpg

This N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana hasn't pitchered once in the year I've had it. The yellow leaves makes me worry. But they have been turning red over the last few days. The growth point has also lifted itself off the leaf. "Until then I didn't know if you were drunk or dead." ~ Anyone..anyone?

IMG_9889.jpg

This is another plant I've been having issues with for over a year now. Seed grown N. (x tiveyi x veitchii H/L) x (northiana x veitchii H/L). Which is a bummer because I was super excited to see what this cross was capable of. I think it'll do better without a live top layer in it's pot. But it's splitting open a new leaf, so good sign already.

IMG_9890.jpg

Newest from my seed grown N. albomarginata ‘Red’ (Gunung Jerai). Hopefully the new spot will help produce larger pitchers.

IMG_9891.jpg

A MESS of N. sibuyanensis x (northiana x veitchii H/L). Can't WAIT for these suckers to grow up!! The main stalk from this plant is probably about rooted now.

IMG_9893.jpg

A couple D. aliciae snuggled in with N. albomarginata 'Kuching Spotted' and N. albomarginata 'Green'. Hoping they perk up as well. The albo's I mean..

IMG_9900.jpg

Up last is the diningroom seedling tank. Raised everything up to the lights a bit. Already seeing more germination and color on seedlings. As you can see, the ivy is starting to spread outward rather than upward. Grows quite fast..

IMG_9882.jpg

Hope the LFS doesn't mind less light.. oh well.

IMG_9884.jpg

Holy Nepenthes, Mass! That's fabulous!

Wow, Lots of nice neps. The N. albomarginata ‘Red’ caught my eye fo sho! Do you have the diameter of that prolifera? It looks really big. Mine are puny!

Lookin Great Trav!! Keep it up!

I am loving the twice daily fog party. *gears start turning* ;)

I am loving the twice daily fog party. *gears start turning* ;)

Thanks everyone!
I only let the fog roll in for an hour before turning the AC back on. So it doesn't sit for too long.. Basically does my misting for me. :awesome:

Everything looks awesome as usual! :) I should take more pics of my aliciae..

Thanks everyone!
I only let the fog roll in for an hour before turning the AC back on. So it doesn't sit for too long.. Basically does my misting for me. :awesome:
That's exactly what I'm thinking. Let everything soak for an hour, then clear it all up... Yeah, I'd say that's pretty :awesome: too! XD

Very nice, senor. Can't wait until I have the room to create something I can walk into.

A League of Their Own?

Looking good dude! Close up photo of the albomarginata tomorrow maybe? pretty please...

Nice plants as always. The leaves on your prolifera appear to be large, that's nice. :scratch:

In regards to the burbidgeae x edwardsiana, my plant definitely did pout for a period of time after I got it, not a year, that's for sure, but a while. Maybe yours is just now starting to get the hang of things. I'd bet that that next leaf makes a pitcher for you.

Nice plants as always. The leaves on your prolifera appear to be large, that's nice. :scratch:

In regards to the burbidgeae x edwardsiana, my plant definitely did pout for a period of time after I got it, not a year, that's for sure, but a while. Maybe yours is just now starting to get the hang of things. I'd bet that that next leaf makes a pitcher for you.

You're the 2nd person to say that about the prolifera. Still kinda small IMO, but getting there. I feed it. ??? Maybe it's just the angle of the shot.
And I hope your bet is a winner. For both of our sakes.. :down:

Looking good dude! Close up photo of the albomarginata tomorrow maybe? pretty please...

Sure.. One in particular? There's 3 albomarginata there.. all with pitchers. Or do you want just a group close up debut?

Very nice, senor. Can't wait until I have the room to create something I can walk into.

A League of Their Own?

YES! Thank you Matty.. BE was slippin'.

In due time man.
*chuckle* I went from this, to what you see today in exactly 2 years. In my defense, I made that only using things I had in the shed and/or around the house.
100_2674.jpg

The veitchii K is perfect! It's classical!

The veitchii K is perfect! It's classical!

In that case, how about I share the pics I can't stop taking? :awesome:

IMG_0068.jpg

N. x leessii upper

IMG_0078.jpg

I just LOVE the N. veitchii K! :drool:

How come the veitchii K at Meadowview never looks like that? Yours seriously looks better than the ones advertised on vendor sites.

I can see my humidifier :3. Is it working good for you know?

I can see my humidifier :3. Is it working good for you know?

Not even a little. It just spits water, no fog. And it get's SUPER hot. Think it's more of a fire hazard than anything.

Back