What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

Nice colors in the last post.

I kind of want to cut a N. x ventrata pitcher and bring it into work to see what the lorikeets do to it. It's dripping with nectar, so they should love it.

junk pic

Last edited:
It is well worth opening the link to this photo to see the thing in its full glory.

It is well worth opening the link to this photo to see the thing in its full glory.

You should see it now that it's colored up. It's gorgeous!

Just went through 40 pages of this thread. Will finish looking at everything else sometime later ;)
Love your Song of Melancholy. Probably my favorite out of your whole collection. Very nice :)

Put together this outdoor dilly today. It's cheap, but should do the trick.
Wonder how long it's going to be before it turns into a kite.

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

After a short test run I'll start filling this place up. Just want to make sure it's not a death pit or something.

IMG_2562.jpg

Song of Melancholy just for you TOG

IMG_2560.jpg

'Looks like lots of room. And the plants seem very cozy in there. What's the 'dew in the left corner in the last photo?

D. filiformis ssp. tracyii (Santa Rosa, FL)

So far the dews are loving it in there. They were crystallized when I woke up this morning. Just caked with dew..

Time to start vining!

Hey, that is the kind I am putting up, only mine is smaller. A kite, haha. Stake that baby down real good. Droso looking mighty fine, won't have to repot it.

What all do you plan to fill it with?

Thanks. :drool: Is it a big plant? Seem big...

Hey, that is the kind I am putting up, only mine is smaller. A kite, haha. Stake that baby down real good. Droso looking mighty fine, won't have to repot it.

What all do you plan to fill it with?

Everything that likes the sun, and warm weather. We're kind of having UHL weather though. low 80*s in the day, mid 50*s at night. So wondering how the intermediates are going to fare out there. Kind of a risky test run, but whatevs.

Thanks. :drool: Is it a big plant? Seem big...

Not massive, but over a foot across. It's the big nep in the back there: http://i1140.photobucket.com/albums/n575/mass2256/IMG_2562.jpg

WOW cant belive how much ive missed, everything looks amazing.

IMG_2578.jpg

IMG_2603.jpg

IMG_2601.jpg

To Be Continued..

Whoa. Love the peristome of that Nepenthes. How do you cool your highlands?

I use AC at night to bring the temps down into the 50*s..

Got any pics of the collapsed green house?

Got any pics of the collapsed green house?

Not something I cared to make public knowledge, but I guess the cat is out of the bag. So why not..
The supplier told me to dispose of the GH at my convenience, and issued me a full refund.

IMG_2607.jpg

crap plastic frame brackets snapped under the weight of the rain

IMG_2609.jpg

causing the galvanized steel frame to buckle

IMG_2608.jpg

haha my bad, dude; figured the word should get out about an inferior product. Pretty unbelievable that it happened so quickly, though. You didn't lose anything, right?

Bloody H. E. double hockey sticks! How disappointing for you, that makes me sad to see. Please tell me you hadn't put plants out yet.....?

Back