What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

No plants were harmed.
And normally I would let the public know that this is not a product they should purchase. But when that "public" sends me hate emails comprised of information from TF, then I could care less about informing people about anything here.
So basically TF now get's the bare minimum from me. So please don't offer any outside knowledge you may have gotten from our emails buddy ol' pal.

Last edited:
'Very sorry to hear about the gh's collapse. It all looked so promising. Maybe the cover is salvageable? Then you could create your own frame. 'Just a thought.

It hasn't stopped raining for 4 days now. As soon as the sun comes back I'm going to take a look at everything. The cover is just fine from what I can tell. And I have numerous parts from an older similar GH. So pretty sure I can replace the broken pieces and reassemble... something.
Far from giving up on the now, free GH.

I'll post pics of the recreation.

hey, look what I can do! rebuilt & reenforced

IMG_2626.jpg

found this on my porch.. thought it was cool.

IMG_2620.jpg

Last edited:
Decided to wait a bit before moving anymore plants out there. Figured I'd wait until after our next storm.. gonna need a test run.

Travis, that SOM is amazing! I passed up a two foot across plant from Jeremiah, cause it would have obliterated everything in my terrarium.

It is a shame smaller plants are not readily available...

Those darlingtonia are killer. And nice job reconstructing that gh, looks good as new

Hey! GH looks good. How did you reconstruct the frame?

Hey! GH looks good. How did you reconstruct the frame?

By swapping out the broken pieces with those of an older GH I had. Even had enough spare parts to add some cross bars to the frame. Hopefully that'll help to stabilize the sway a bit during the up and coming storms.

And thanks peat, and Iwest.

Sorry about your GH collapse Mass. Congrats on getting it back up though! I hope it stands strong for you this time.

I'm so glad you got everything up and running mass! congrats*

A few random pics..

D. filiformis ssp. tracyii (Santa Rosa, FL)

IMG_2664.jpg

These sarrs all went through a late spring frost, causing a short dormancy. Just now starting to wake up, which is nice since I thought they were dead.
S. rubra gulfensis (ancestral)

IMG_2662.jpg

Grew these from seed: S. purpurea ssp. venosa var. burkii "Big Mama" x S. leucophylla 'White'
Anyone know what the red spots are caused by? I've been spraying them for bugs, and it hasn't really spread or continued.

IMG_2656.jpg

IMG_2658.jpg

also grown from seed: S. oreophylla x S. 'Leah Wilkerson'

IMG_2655.jpg

a new S. 'Cobra's Nest' from a close friend in Oregon. Thanks again brotha..

IMG_2654.jpg

U. nelumbifolia bog still seems to be doing well

IMG_2633.jpg

Thought it was time to share this one. Can take credit for some growth finally. N. albomarginata 'Black' seedling. Can see how the new growth seriously dwarfs the old. It seems to be liking it's fert regimen. Even put out it's first collared pitcher!

IMG_2636.jpg

IMG_2637.jpg

Took this pic to show someone one of my HG's. Guess I can post it here as well..

IMG_2647.jpg

Forgot a few..

D. neocaledonica

IMG_2671.jpg

D. sp. "Pretty Rosette"

IMG_2678.jpg

IMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2674.jpg

IMG_2673.jpg

Sarrs looking real good, and the dews as usual.

Well done on those seedings Mass! :)

hey thanks. Really happy they started throwing out growth again. Can't wait for the others to catch up to picture worthiness.

Red spots might be several things. Could be fungal disease. See one on almost all sarrs. Could be normal thing. Could be acid reflux ate too many yellow jackets

That D. neocaledonica is cool-looking. I'll have to research that one.

Nice! I really like yous ceph! Mine is still a baby :(

acid reflux.. that made me laugh so hard chocolate milk came out my nose.
You crack me up Mach.

Thanks Mark. Still just a baby, but I hear it's a tough grow.. so happy about it's current condition.

Back