What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

nope. It was more or less just a live LFS top dressing. There was just a smidge of LFS in the lower mix portions.

how do you keep your plants that nice

especialy jamban villosa hamata inermis
ps where did you get that d squamosa i must get one

do you grow most of your seed or buy it

Last edited:
A few pics that have been stacking up in the PB

a few sarr seedlings potted up. thanks again P.

IMG_2853.jpg

droso and U. reneformis 'Big Sister'

IMG_2854.jpg

a couple cephs

IMG_2855.jpg

had to post another update of this one. Just two weeks ago I posted a pic of it's first pitcher.. SG N. albomarginata 'Black'

IMG_2858.jpg

schizandra pot working on it's comeback after the outtage. some old, some new.. but all with a little dew.

IMG_2859.jpg

D. ultramafica

IMG_2861.jpg

IMG_2868.jpg

IMG_2867.jpg

IMG_2866.jpg

D. neocaledonica

IMG_2839.jpg

pot of scorpiodes. Thanks again Fern.

IMG_2843.jpg

N. truncata x ovata finally coming into it's own.

IMG_2849.jpg

my boy gettin' dirty with dad in the GH.

IMG_2827.jpg

IMG_2833.jpg

Last edited:
All looks supoib.. what sort of conditions are you giving the schiz? Looks like one of them is growing pretty quickly.

max of upper 70*s, low into the 50*s at night. A clear cap on the pot and off to the side of the lights.
I can't get them in the cube without exposing them to more light. So hoping the warmer day temps don't take any sort of toll on the plants.
They seem to be doing well once again though. So gonna leave them be..

Plants are looking good. I'll keep an eye out for updates on that D. neocaledonica. 'Seems to be doing well.

Very nice portraits of your son. A good-looking young man.

Awesome stuff yo... Looking good.

I really like watching your photos, always beautiful.

Had some things out for a fert & flush today. Snapped a few pics..

N. truncata x x TM #1 (BW)

IMG_2956.jpg

A personal favorite.. N. ephippiata from TheOrchard

IMG_2957.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

closer look at that BE lowii node growth. Not sure yet if it will take off or not.

IMG_2955.jpg

4 basals.. same plant

IMG_2953.jpg

N. villosa (BE)

IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

found this little guy in the GH out back. Some sort of assassin bug? ???

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2968.jpg

great lookin ephip, the peristome striping is already very nice at such a young age.

great lookin ephip, the peristome striping is already very nice at such a young age.

hey thanks. I've got high hopes for that one.
That basal pic is for you. Put the effort into getting a better one for ya.

Nice pics mass. Love the truncata x ovata.

and i didnt even bother to comment on them haha :p the basals look great! is that plant currently producing any decent sized pitchers?

and i didnt even bother to comment on them haha :p the basals look great! is that plant currently producing any decent sized pitchers?

nothing yet. It was in pretty rough shape when it came in this spring.

Love the droso and cephs (the pots they're in are sick)! Just got my first neocalidonica seeds to germinate today, hopefully they turn out as nice as yours!

Maaaan, the villosa is flying along and that truncata x x tm is going to be phenomenal. Everything looks great, my friend.

thanks guys. I have high hopes for that trunc x x TM as well. Showing WAY more color than the large one.
The villosa is moving surprisingly fast. Think it's the cold nights and 80*F days. It's getting about a 30-35 degree temp difference between day and night.

Love your droso! The cephs just make me jealous, haha. Nice dew plants and pics, keep 'em coming.

thread legged bug. Some taxonomists considered to be same family as assassin bug and by other taxonomists in its own family....

thanks Deej.
That's it Mach. I remember finding one of these last year, but couldn't remember what I had read about it.

Back