What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

Looking good! I think the pulchella might be minor but it's a bit hard to tell.

This is a great update, dude. It seems your scare earlier in the year and the renovations to the grow-space that followed have really made an impact. What cultivation changes did you make to your Helis that has them growing so well? That's one genus I'm pretty poor with, but it's more than likely a humidity issue.

The sumatrana is also looking great. I've cranked up the heat on mine and am hoping to see some growth soon. Otherwise it's basically the same size it was earlier in the year (need to stop being so damn lazy with plant accommodation).

Anyway, :beer: on today's update.

Looking good! I think the pulchella might be minor but it's a bit hard to tell.

You are absolutely correct sir. I did indeed have the pics posted backwards.
corrections have been made to the post.

This is a great update, dude. It seems your scare earlier in the year and the renovations to the grow-space that followed have really made an impact. What cultivation changes did you make to your Helis that has them growing so well? That's one genus I'm pretty poor with, but it's more than likely a humidity issue.

The sumatrana is also looking great. I've cranked up the heat on mine and am hoping to see some growth soon. Otherwise it's basically the same size it was earlier in the year (need to stop being so damn lazy with plant accommodation).

Anyway, :beer: on today's update.

Thanks buddy. I'm trying to turn my updates into something more... meaningful.
Media change for starters with the helis. It was pure LFS, but this time around I've done more research and gone with something chunkier.
2:2:1:1 orchid bark, charcoal, live LFS, sandy peat
And the overall growing conditions have changed, like you mentioned. The helis are in the cube, so HL-UHL conditions with intense humidity. Also added a wall mount fan to blow across these guys. Not sure if it has any effect or not, but keeps the air-flow moving.. so that's good.

As for the sumatrana, just trying to follow sunbelle's notes from the proboards.
Just popped another new pitcher, so gotta be doing something right.
Side note: this species seems to stall every time after it's pot gets moved. So DON'T TOUCH IT!!

Looking GREAT Mass!
Even the cat butt you grew looks well fed and happy too!
keep the inspiration coming Bro.....beautiful indeed.

looks Great Travis! great growing :)

Wow, good job on the cobras, not tiny babies anymore. Just a note, the ones I sent ya are of the mountain variety - the coastal variety don't like my conditions.

Oh, the other stuff looking might fine also...and love that moss! :D

family photo ~ 5 rows total, front to back filled.

IMG_3438.jpg

The one on the right behind the plant that is speckled with a striped peristome and really fat and awesome... Which one is that? And the one on the far right in the front? Ephippiata?

:drool:

that's the x Tiveyi I entered in the POTM. And yes, ephippiata right up front.. where it belongs.

I see a VERY nice ephippiata in that pic.

Are your pots closed-bottom or do they have drainage points? The tall glassy-looking ones, that is.

I see a VERY nice ephippiata in that pic.

hey thanks. Definitely taking that one to the grave.. I love it.

Are your pots closed-bottom or do they have drainage points? The tall glassy-looking ones, that is.

yeah, I've drilled holes into the bottoms. The water trays keep moisture levels up so the LFS is happy. And the pots are tall enough that the nep roots don't sit in the water. These pots have been nothing but trouble for everything else, but I think the neps are so happy because they're the only thing that doesn't have peat in the mix. Peat tends to get a lot of buildup and whatnot in the walls of those pots. At least I was able to still find a use for them..

your plants are HUUUUUGEE! That's awesome.

a few pics from after the lights went out tonight..

the schizandra collection. No adults yet, but getting there.. I'll take some macros of these guys tomorrow when the lights are on. This pic doesn't dew them justice.
:awesome:

IMG_3515.jpg

new kid from my smaller truncata x x TM

IMG_3531.jpg

BE hamata chugging along nicely

IMG_3525.jpg

this one gave me goose bumps from it's awesomeness.. BE villosa

IMG_3523.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

That basal truncata x x TM is already awesome.

The schizzys look great. I'm waiting for those close-ups...

The schizzys look great. I'm waiting for those close-ups...

I'll put some effort into them just for you then.
Check back tonight, they should be up by then.

here ya go Mark. A few pics with some better light..

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3534.jpg

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3532.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

IMG_3535.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

Need to do something else with my schiz to get it moving along like that. Plants look great.

They're in pure LFS, with a deli cup for a water tray and a deli cup for a lid. I never add water to the water trays. Don't really need it in my setup.
The pots are in with the HL neps, but kind of shaded from the leaves of the larger plants. So dappled bright light..

Hope some of this helps.

Back