What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

Sorry, I got my numbers mixed up. It's 4405. I believe Luca and Myles received one from that batch.

Beautiful plant, Travis! I'm glad it arrived in good condition.

Recently, someone contacted Rob about these labels and was told the plants are all from the same batch of seed. I don't think dividing traits between the two groups is very accurate.

The labeling convention used here is week and year... So 4405 means the 44th week in 05.

Also, the variation in colors is probably based on other factors; age of the pitcher, age of the plant, ph of soil, temperature, lighting, etc. I have seen all these different colors in my own plants; all red, all orange, pale yellow, green w/ red peristome, orange with green wing, etc over the years with these plants. Mature plants will likely produce typical orange/red pitchers:

edwardsiana2.jpg

edwardsiana_small.jpg

GG0409_Plant-Man_03.jpg

_MG_7455.jpg

n_edw.jpg

Just an observation.

Great Plant Travis, I think you are now obligated to get an edwardsiana tattoo...

The labeling convention used here is week and year... So 4405 means the 44th week in 05.

Are those germination dates, or birthdays if you will?

Great Plant Travis, I think you are now obligated to get an edwardsiana tattoo...

Kind of ironic you say that, because next spring it's my turn for a new tattoo. And I was actually talking with my artist about which nep I was getting tattooed first. I like the eddie idea because mine plant just happened to arrive the same day were in the ink shop. Like it was meant to be..

Also, are those hard water spots on the plants pictured any harm to the plants? I've noticed them starting to show up in my GH from excessive misting with the hose. Just misting though, I still water with RO.

:hail:Im not worthy, Im not worthy, Im not worthy.:hail:

Also, are those hard water spots on the plants pictured any harm to the plants? I've noticed them starting to show up in my GH from excessive misting with the hose. Just misting though, I still water with RO.

anyone? ???

Didn't know that many adult edwardsiana existed! Have you flowered any?

Mass, I get hard water spots on my plants with no harm. I actually water the plants with the same water. Nepenthes seem very tolerant of hard water.

right on.. thanks for the info.

Much needed calcium.

a few macros I forgot were on the camera..

D. villosa (Serra de Ibitipoca, South East of Minas Gerais, SE Brazil)

D. spiralis

The spiralis looks like a fuzzy green caterpillar! Great pics!

you can right click each pic and select "View Image" to view at full size for a closer look.
Those spiralis pics turned out pretty well.

That's one of the next ones I want to get, a D. spiralis. Beautiful plants Mass.

thanks Sarge! Just FYI, I propagate everything I grow.. won't be long and these species will be more available around TF.

Great pics! I always love seeing your plants :)

I like the first villosa shot. I'm glad to hear this species is doing well for you.

That D. spiralis looks awesome, im gonna have to get me one of those now lol

Lookin good mass! Watch out you're creating a spiralis monster. :)

• #1,000
Very Nice Eddie Mass.

Back