What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's GH

• #1,081
Looks great! Especially those cephas and the sand.

• #1,082
Do you think you can post a close up of the D. Regia I try to zoom in but it gets to blurry

Ask and you shall receive Abel..

• #1,083
Man it looks great even the little guys this has to be one of my favorite dews. Is the sphagnum just a top dressing. I love seing pics of the leaves wrapping around its food I think its cool how it can form a little ball around it. Hope that made sense LOL.

• #1,084
This pot is actually 100% LFS.. It's just a temporary home to acclimate the babies out of propagation, and onto media. And the largest was an unrooted division, so that's in there just for rooting purposes. In due time they'll all be repotted to a sandy peat.

• #1,085
Great regia! I've got a couple growing from seed, but they were not happy with the heat around here recently (never good on cool loving plants when days are constantly hitting 95-100 and you had broken air conditioning).

• #1,086
Nice!
I tried growing regia from seed. All crashed! Next time I try I'll have to get some tips from you.

• #1,087
Hey my friend....great setup and a fine collection....I'm jealous!

• #1,088
Hey my friend....great setup and a fine collection....I'm jealous!

The teacher jealous of the student? What's the world coming to!?!?!

• #1,089
That's a sweet-looking bunch of regia you have there. I've never tried to root in new plantlets in live sphagnum. 'Sounds like a great idea.

• #1,090
Ohh i see great looking plants though. The only plant i have growing in pure spaghnum are a couple pygmys i had ran out of soil also the grao forgot about that one.

• #1,091
Great regia! I've got a couple growing from seed, but they were not happy with the heat around here recently (never good on cool loving plants when days are constantly hitting 95-100 and you had broken air conditioning).

I've also got a few growing from seed. This species definitely appreciates cooler temperatures, lower light levels, and a good feeding from time to time. The youngsters seem to fizzle out before too long if left unfed. Always makes me think of Little Shop of Horrors.. FEED ME SEYMOUR, FEED ME!

• #1,092
Always enjoy your thread. Jealous of your regia! I still can't keep one alive inside. The only ones that tolerate me are the ones outside in the bog. What do you feed yours?

Ha, teacher jealous of student? Jerry is funny.

• #1,093
Always enjoy your thread. Jealous of your regia! I still can't keep one alive inside. The only ones that tolerate me are the ones outside in the bog. What do you feed yours?

Ha, teacher jealous of student? Jerry is funny.

I know, right. He always knows what to say to cheer me up..

I feed my dews freeze dried blood worms, then moisten the fed area with a drop of water from an eye dropper. Never really knew if the water mattered, but made me think it somehow helped the plant to absorb the nutrients by liquifying it.

• #1,094
I know, right. He always knows what to say to cheer me up..

I feed my dews freeze dried blood worms, then moisten the fed area with a drop of water from an eye dropper. Never really knew if the water mattered, but made me think it somehow helped the plant to absorb the nutrients by liquifying it.

Thanx. Adding a drop of water seems reasonable to me. Have you ever tried Osmocote? I put Osmocote around the ones in the bog and they had quite a growth spurt and did not burn like the ones I tried that with in pots in the house. There is certainaly a learning curve to navigate with these, at least for me, haha.

• #1,095
I have a big ol' bottle of Osmocote, but quit using it after seeing no difference in growth.

• #1,096
Interesting looking veitchii. Can't wait to see a more mature pitcher, looks like a nice one. I love how variable those eymae x ephippiata are. Yours looks nothing like mine.

• #1,097
Interesting looking veitchii. Can't wait to see a more mature pitcher, looks like a nice one. I love how variable those eymae x ephippiata are. Yours looks nothing like mine.

I keep trying to get a decent pic now that the peristome has tightened back, but PB insists on blowing out the photo's. I've noticed a bit of variation from pitcher to pitcher too..

On a side note, found a bunch of baby schizandras emerging..

Last edited:
  • #1,098
That is a bunch of schizandra. 'Looks like it's partly a benefit of growing in a container with transparent sides. 'Must feel a bit like Christmas.

• #1,099
That is does my friend, that it does..
And let me tell you, I heart Christmas!!

If you take a look at schizzy baby pic 1, just to the left of the schizandra you can see some baby prolifera also coming up!
Which is crazy because that pic was taken on the opposite end of the tank as the prolifera mother plant.

• #1,100
Awesome updates!

Loving your plants!!!

Back