What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cold frame

hey guy haze here. winter has been prolonging itself for a good month and a half now and im thinking that im going to need to build a cold frame before the snow really drops. i have sarrs. droseras and dionea seeds and plants that im trying to stratify this winter but am debating weather or not a cold frame is practical. i dont want the temps to drop below 40 obv and i have a semi simple solution for that but am still debating wether or not its worth building it. i also do not have a basement or garge......:-( really could use any advice at this point since i have seem to come to a sever crossroad.

}{@z3

Where do you live? You don't have a location so we can't really give location-appropriate suggestions yet. For mildly-cold areas, sometimes people grow their trees and put their plants right next to their houses to soak up the warmth that the house can afford against any sheer winds or anything.

i live in upstate ny temp will and do hit neg 15

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

if i have to stratify everything in a fridge i will its just i know my wife will have problems with me storing seed flats in the fridge for 3 months

Back