Page 20 of 90 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Pineapple's Greenhouse

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by limeslide View Post
    Wow, everything looks great! I love the N. densiflora x spectabilis!
    Me too! Sadly, it's slower growing than a seven year itch! Not sure if it's a slow species or what. I posted a thread about it in the Nepenthes forum. Hopefully I can get some answers to help it grow a bit faster. It's not completely colored up yet, as it just opened. I'm expecting it to darken to a deep purple like the other pitchers on the plant. I kinda do like the color it's displaying now though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible that this...

Could turn into this?...

I sure hope it does... That's what it's supposed to be. Do nepenthes ever get that white color?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There looking good! See, I had a densiflora x spectabilis for a while and it grew really fast after it acclimated, Yours is probably still adjusting to your conditions. So just be patient and it will probably pick up the pace
    Good Growing!
    -Mike Fallen

My Growlist/wishlist: http://highlandtropicals.blogspot.co...-growlist.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikefallen13 View Post
    There looking good! See, I had a densiflora x spectabilis for a while and it grew really fast after it acclimated, Yours is probably still adjusting to your conditions. So just be patient and it will probably pick up the pace
    Good to know! I really like the pitchers and the upper pitchers should look fantabulous since it has spectabilis in it. Hopefully it gets big fast.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Do nepenthes ever get that white color?
    It's probably not true white I guess. Being that N. ventricosa and N. talangensis do have lightly colored pitchers (aside from the speckles and peristomes and lids), I suppose it is possible. But the better question is, will the pitcher turn more "white" since it's already green, or am I going to end up with something purple?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The medium my neps are in wasn't drying out. I hadn't watered some plants for weeks. Kinda strange. It wasn't wet, but it was nicely moist. I found a huge puddle of water under the grouping of pots, so I took them out (accidentally spilling the juices of my jacq!) and put a piece of eggcrate there, then put them on top of that. Hopefully that will provide drainage and I'll get to have more control over watering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UPDATE:

Everything seems to be doing great. Not too impressed with the N. ventricosa x talangensis, but not sure how it will turn out. Still rather green, not many splotches, not as bubbly and open-top as I would like. Still hasn't opened though.

I keep finding these slim, tall little mushrooms with acute tops popping up in my N. densiflora x spectabilis... Kinda strange. The moss growing in the medium is growing really tall and thick, pretty weird. I'll get some pictures of that soon.

I'm going to the nep store on Monday. I'm going to check out some spathulata hybrids that may end up with giant peristomes in adulthood. Also going to look at a weird boschiana hybrid that I can't find anywhere on Google Images or cpphotofinder.com! I'll post pics ASAP when I get new neps!

EDIT: These frogs outside are driving me nuts! I can hear hundreds! I drove by a tiny pond (maybe 3ft across and 10ft long) and I could hear loads of frogs with the windows closed over the roar of my old car's engine. I guess this means tadpoles soon. Hopefully I can get some frogs to stay in my greenhouse, that would be amazing lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sphagnum was dying in the greenhouse. It turned a tan color, but some parts are still green. I thought I would put them in the terrarium because the two strands I had in there were nice and green, plus they were growing. I put the sphagnum all around the neps...

Did you spot the new one in the pack of the pitcher? N. boschiana x mira...

I don't really like the peristome, but it's a pretty purple color with some nice splotching. Plus, it was one of the bigger neps they had and it was priced as low as the... Oh snap, you can see the price of it in the first picture in this post...

When I took everything out to add the sphagnum around them, I repositioned stuff to where I could see the pitchers better. Here's the N. jacquelineae... (probably my favorite nep)

EDIT: I couldn't find ANY pictures of N. boschiana x mira online anywhere! Must be a pretty uncommon cross, or one that not many people value at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    everything is perfect about that boschiana x mira.