What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pineapple's Greenhouse

pictures of the tanks? :)

Nighttime temperature in the terrariums is in the 70s! How do I lower it? :(

An air conditioner? $80 at home depot.

why in the heck would it take so long to get a new cooler setup? id be out shopping for a new one the day the failure occurred not start spending money on an A/C for the meantime.

How a greenhouse cooler different from an ac? Sorry, I'm a n00b.

swamp cooler works by blowing air onto a sponge type material that is constantly wet. this increases humidity and can lower the temps to a certain degree, not as much as an a/c can but uses way less power.

As I believe I mentioned, the electric underground is broken and I had to run a cable out my window. I'm going on a trip for a few days and I can't do that, so there's no point in getting a swamp cooler now. You should never make a big change before you go on vacation. I will get a swamp cooler set up when I get back, but right now I have to get my money back for this broken one. I'll also fix the electricity out there when I get back.

hasnt the underground been broken for weeks? I thought it was fixed already.

I hope your plants dont mind their new homes while you are gone.

Is there some kind of heavy-duty portable power supply you could use?

Put some new photos! You have great plants.

I was wondering how things were going too.....

PINEAPPLE!!!??!!?

what has happened with your greenhouse? did you get a replacement swamp cooler? and most importantly, are all those awesome neps okay?

please update this thread soon...

Wow, you guys are totes fangirling. :-O

Erma, yeah I guess they're okay. They're all in terrariums for now. Seems to be going okay, except the sphagnum in one of the terrariums keeps drying out and it was like 3/4 of my entire sphag collection around my neps. The sphag in the greenhouse is doing really well, so I should have full cultures by November. I have nine out there. Loving the low humidity and heat for some reason. :crazy:

My jacquelineae actually likes it a lot better inside and has put out like three nice pitchers lol... Okay, so school started back and my dad got really busy so we haven't been able to even order the swamp cooler yet. I don't think we've even had the time to cash the check sent to us for the other one, lol!

Last edited:
So no swamp cooler that will work was actually found. The one you guys suggested in another thread has to be hooked up to a drip system, which my parents won't let me do. So since I don't have a swamp cooler PLUS my dad won't be able to dig up all the underground lines, replace them, ect. for a good while to fix the electricity out there, my neps will probably be in terrariums into the winter and possibly into the spring too. That's okay though, they actually seem to be doing a lot better in there lol!

Back