Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 28 of 90 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Thread: Pineapple's Greenhouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whimgrinder, I love those things. I have been looking for some. I have one tiny one I planted about four inches long and the top half got soft and fell off. I don't mind bad smells becaue my sense of smell is very poor. I LOVE that they look like starfish and I like plants that can scare people hehe.

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just sowed like 400 Black Beauty eggplant seeds, 200 seeds of Rocket Larkspur Delphinium ajacis , 100 seeds of Blanketflower Gaillardia aristata, and like 5 seeds of Autumn Beauty Helianthus annuus. I got them at the dollar store. I hate eggplants, they taste like crap, but the vegetable looks sooo cool! It's all purpley and stuff.

Oh yeah, and I had some chives, sweet basil and parsley to sprout... Well actually, one didn't sprout, but I'm not sure which that was...

Quote Originally Posted by Peatmoss View Post
    What did you just say?
    Yeah yeah yeah, I bought some wire hanging baskets, cocohusk liner and hanging poles (you stick em in the ground and they hang your basket) and I'm gonna fill them with whatever sarrs like to grow in and they're going to grow at the door of my greenhouse by my banana trees.

---------- Post added at 09:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

And just planted about 75 spinach and 75 cilantro seeds!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought four coffee trees on eBay!

I'll use their beans to fertilize my Nepenthes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received my Amorphophallus paeoniifolius today. It was a bit smaller than expected, about .75" across... I would take a pic but I potted it. It had a little, tiny bump on the top, so I'm assuming it was sprouting and it won't rot. In about 3-4 years, I'll get a flower! In the mean time, I can enjoy the mottled stem and the cool leaf pattern.

Do these guys propagate their bulbs? Like, do little bulbs grow on these and separate? Will I get more bulbs to grow?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1- you like to say crap
    2- you buy lots of plants from costco
    3- "this is a really hardy strain... ....it's kind-of, like dead" ah hahahhahahaa I loved that!
    4- nice greenhouse, can't wait to see it move toward cps good luck with the new heater and cooler!

Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    1- you like to say crap
    2- you buy lots of plants from costco
    3- "this is a really hardy strain... ....it's kind-of, like dead" ah hahahhahahaa I loved that!
    4- nice greenhouse, can't wait to see it move toward cps good luck with the new heater and cooler!

Andrew
    I would say I bought more plants on eBay than from Costco, but they just haven't arrived yet.

Thanks, I'm going to order the heater/cooler right now and hopefully I can get them by this weekend to set them up. As soon as I get the heater/cooler out there, I'll move the neps out. I ordered 50% shade cloth to cover the entire roof and two sides of the greenhouse, so that will be good for my tropicals.

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... not sure about your light VS mine, but my greenhouse is only covered on the top of one side. ...just sayin. My cooler is also bigger and runs a lot though, so more shade may be good if you are counting on it for a lot of needed cooling.
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com