User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 29 of 90 FirstFirst ... 192526272829303132333979 ... LastLast
Results 225 to 232 of 720

Thread: Pineapple's Greenhouse

  1. #225
    Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by adnedarn View Post
    Hmmm... not sure about your light VS mine, but my greenhouse is only covered on the top of one side. ...just sayin. My cooler is also bigger and runs a lot though, so more shade may be good if you are counting on it for a lot of needed cooling.
    Andrew
    Yeah, I was just going to cover the roof, but I decided that it may help keep the heat out in the summer and hold heat in in the winter if I covered as much as possible. If I need to, I can take the pieces of shade cloth on the sides off.

  2. #226
    Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided I don't want these in my greenhouse. I think I would die.


  3. #227
    I am a CPaholic... DJ57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Near Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,712
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ***-still-bee is the pronunciation, cool plant. Grows good in sun and partial shade.

    Love your greenhouse and can't wait to see it filled with your neps!

  4. #228
    Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ57 View Post
    ***-still-bee is the pronunciation, cool plant. Grows good in sun and partial shade.

    Love your greenhouse and can't wait to see it filled with your neps!
    Thanks!

    In the next video I'll pronounce it correctly, teehee. It was listed as a shade lover, but obviously is liking the sunniest part of the greenhouse. It's doing the best out of any plant I have.

  5. #229
    I am a CPaholic... DJ57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Near Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    1,712
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Thanks!

    In the next video I'll pronounce it correctly, teehee. It was listed as a shade lover, but obviously is liking the sunniest part of the greenhouse. It's doing the best out of any plant I have.
    I was not trying to be the pronunciation police, lol, just thought you might really want to know.

    Yes, it does flower better in shade, but my mother has some in pots that get a lot of sun and they do okay, but this is Oregon with more cloudy days than sunny it seems. The ones she has under the trees with shade and dappled light flower profusely, I love them. They are very easy to grow and spead very nicely over time.

  6. #230
    dueoka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    431
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I've decided I don't want these in my greenhouse. I think I would die.

    What type of frog is that?

  7. #231
    Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ57 View Post
    I was not trying to be the pronunciation police, lol, just thought you might really want to know.

    Yes, it does flower better in shade, but my mother has some in pots that get a lot of sun and they do okay, but this is Oregon with more cloudy days than sunny it seems. The ones she has under the trees with shade and dappled light flower profusely, I love them. They are very easy to grow and spead very nicely over time.
    Nah, it's chill. I'm actually happy that I can pronounce it now!

    Hopefully mine will spread. The leaves look very pretty. I can't wait for my Lily of the Valley and that other one to pop up, I will absolutely die for the flowers on those!

    ---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by dueoka View Post
    What type of frog is that?
    Pacific Chorus Frog... They are the LOUDEST things. I hear some from a lake three miles away, others from the drains about a mile away and others scattered about. I haven't heard this one call tonight, so I'm pretty sure it's a she. Since she looks fat, I'm hoping she'll lay eggs right in the water reservoir in that fish tank she was in. When I went outside to get my bottle of nep fertilizer after dark, she was crawling on the glass inside the tank. If she lays eggs in there, I can watch the tadpoles grow up and maybe some will return next year! Would be fun to have a few in the greenhouse as long as they weren't crawling around where I would step on them.

  8. #232
    Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,824
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Passion flower came today. Growing on the toilet to acclimate to light, will be moved to the greenhouse tomorrow.



    The heater/swamp cooler are scheduled for delivery tomorrow as well. I will get the four coffee plants on Monday. Not sure about the three kinds of sugar cane, but should be here within a week or two.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •