ventricosa x maxima perhaps?

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's what it is supposed to be...

Here's what it is...

Here's a ventricosa x talangensis that's similar...

Here's a ventricosa x maxima that's similar...

So we'll have to see when it opens... I have a hunch it's ventricosa x talangensis because of the store I bought it from's good reputation. Maybe it's SG, that would explain the difference in specimens between the picture and mine.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of the current lot of plants of that cross are seed grown, so you will see variation in the individuals. Some will be great and some will be rather bland. Unfortunately, my plant, one of the first Nepenthes I bought a year ago, has turned out to be quite bland in appearance. Yours looks quite nice, really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    All of the current lot of plants of that cross are seed grown, so you will see variation in the individuals. Some will be great and some will be rather bland. Unfortunately, my plant, one of the first Nepenthes I bought a year ago, has turned out to be quite bland in appearance. Yours looks quite nice, really.
    Hm... Then I guess it would be helpful to the cross to eventually make cuttings? Hopefully the main vine will flower soon so I can chop it up. And thanks! Although I do see nicer ones on Google Images, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the FedEx dude pulled up, I was like, "Yes! My sugar cane has come!" Then they pulled out a 3' square box and like a 6" box along with it. So my sugar cane did come with the swamp cooler!... But it wasn't the sugar cane... The heater is just... Tiny...

My hand pressed up against it...

This thing blows pretty hard and heats quickly! Should be great at keeping the greenhouse at 50F on cold winter nights, as long as it doesn't ignite first... (And that's my seed germinator in the background... It must be broken...)

And the big box? The swamp cooler that I thought would be smaller, but will take up 50% of the back shelf of the greenhouse. I'll have to remove on of the top side shelves to be able to grow my taller plants...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    good luck with your greenhouse...

hopefully they will shield your plants from extreme hot/cold temps.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ---- Albert Einstein
    Food is a important part of a balanced diet.
    My small grow list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by potted_plants View Post
    good luck with your greenhouse...

hopefully they will shield your plants from extreme hot/cold temps.
    Thanks!

Looks like the heater should... I'm guessing the swamp cooler will since it's so big and it has like a 10 gallon reservoir and a place to add ice. It better work lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    Thanks!

Looks like the heater should... I'm guessing the swamp cooler will since it's so big and it has like a 10 gallon reservoir and a place to add ice. It better work lol.
    If it does work, you are able to have a greenhouse without paying the outrageous prices that most people pay
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ---- Albert Einstein
    Food is a important part of a balanced diet.
    My small grow list