Likes Likes:  0
Page 33 of 90 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: Pineapple's Greenhouse

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo Piney,
    I have an established cutting of N. Ventrata you can have to add to your collection, if you like. It is forming two pitchers now, so it's rarin' to go. Free, no strings attached :-)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/97352228@N00/6908799750/

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corky View Post
    you have ended up with a great looking set up,well done pineapple
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Yo Piney,
    I have an established cutting of N. Ventrata you can have to add to your collection, if you like. It is forming two pitchers now, so it's rarin' to go. Free, no strings attached :-)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/97352228@N00/6908799750/
    Thanks, but I'm good for now. I have a ventrata already, though that one does look pretty nice! I'll let you know if things change, but thanks for such a generous offer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everything looks great. Keep 'dem pics comin'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sugar cane arrived and so did the shade cloth!

Sugar cane planted about 4" deep in pots of 1/1 sand/potting soil plus a lot of fish gravel...

Thought this was interesting... The first N. ventricosa x talangensis upper pitcher drooling like crazy!

I also planted thirteen (I believe) Amorphophallus konjacs. Two on either side of the greenhouse, three in each of two tubs and two in another tub... Or maybe there were only 12. Who knows. They all had pink buds on them, a few already growing roots around the buds. So they were ready for potting. Still haven't potted the A. paeoniifolius because it hasn't budded yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Devon View Post
    Everything looks great. Keep 'dem pics comin'!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Nepenthesis; 04-10-2012 at 08:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pitcher and have fun with that sugarcane!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ---- Albert Einstein
    Food is a important part of a balanced diet.
    My small grow list

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post

Thought this was interesting... The first N. ventricosa x talangensis upper pitcher drooling like crazy!
    Actually, they are not "uppers" until the plant has gone into the vining stage, which won't likely happen for at least a year. (assuming we are talking about your ventXtalangensis seed grown youngin) you will know when it has moved on to the true vining/uppers stage when the internodes increase dramatically, and the pitcher morphology shifts into something very different looking. Until then, these are still of lower pitcher morphology.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whimgrinder View Post
    Actually, they are not "uppers" until the plant has gone into the vining stage, which won't likely happen for at least a year. (assuming we are talking about your ventXtalangensis seed grown youngin) you will know when it has moved on to the true vining/uppers stage when the internodes increase dramatically, and the pitcher morphology shifts into something very different looking. Until then, these are still of lower pitcher morphology.
    I thought mine was in a vine and those are the uppers, but perhaps not. There are no curls in the tendrils. They do take a lot longer to start forming though, and they do look a heck of a lot different than the ones produced by the basals! The plant is about 14" tall, the nodes started spacing out about 2" or so opposed to the 1/2" or less spacing when still a rosette. Some of the leaves immediately after the rosette stage are spaced maybe 3" or more, but they started clumping together again the last few leaves. I'll try to get a picture of the entire plant. If these aren't uppers and I'm pleased with these, I wonder what the true uppers will be like!

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by potted_plants View Post
    Nice pitcher and have fun with that sugarcane!
    Thanks! I found out I planted it incorrectly actually. Supposed to plant it laying down in the dirt. So I fixed that. I found some fuzzy roots growing on the shoots on one of them. So hopefully they'll root soon. People say they grow like crazy, I want them to. Hopefully they grow a huge crop all the way around the greenhouse! But that will look pretty suspicious...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking set up. I too love the combo of exotic edibles and exotic carnivores. Seems like a natural fit. Do make sure not to actually "eat" the sugarcane...it's loaded with fiber if you catch my drift! My first sugarcane ended similar to this thing:

Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    But that will look pretty suspicious...
    My local police helicopter always flys over and usually HAPPENS to circle my house once or twice every couple of days...my metalic shade cloth on top and shrubs on the inside probably dont help my file!