Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 41 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Thread: Pineapple's Greenhouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i just looked on the harbor freight website, realized how FREAKIN INEXPENSIVE this thing is and now i want one! mow the yard all summer, rake leaves in fall, shovel snow in winter, and next spring, their just might be a thread titled "sarr_X's new GH!"!!!

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

:bananna:

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

why does that not make a dancing bananna??

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarracenia_X View Post
    i just looked on the harbor freight website, realized how FREAKIN INEXPENSIVE this thing is and now i want one! mow the yard all summer, rake leaves in fall, shovel snow in winter, and next spring, their just might be a thread titled "sarr_X's new GH!"!!!
    Haha, yeah, it's a great greenhouse. But it needs some mods, like heater/cooler/shade cloth/water-proofing/filling cracks/ect...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so i have heard...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay! TF is back up!

Pics soon!
    Last edited by Nepenthesis; 05-12-2012 at 09:18 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NEW VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Y-PpefdV4

Okay, well I took Tony Paroubek's advice and hooked up the swamp cooler to the outside air... Didn't work out as expected.

Because it worked out better! I cut a hole in the back middle panel and made an air duct ghetto-style out of foil tape. In full sun yesterday, it was 85F inside the greenhouse with the door open and the swamp cooler on high. I close the door and within 15 minutes it's at 80F, still in full sun. Later that evening, it was even cooler inside there than my house was, and it was still in the high 70s outside. I'm so happy!

At Home Depot, I was looking for some Nepenthes and I found Plumeria fangipani, which I had considered ordering two on eBay for $40 total, and they were on the $3 rack! I grabbed up the biggest two (well, biggest two of different colors, I was hoping different wrapping color meant different color flower) and then spotted a nice phal on the same rack for $3... So I bought it too!

Plumeria, nanners, pineapples, (dead? lol) Nepenthes seeds...

Phal...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice Phal. I picked one up yesterday from the discount bin. I love the light yellow ones. Hehe, I saw your video. I get little notes since I'm subbed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just collected four tadpoles (legal limit) along the side of a busy road. Felt so awkward. I think I'm officially socially awkward. The tadpoles went into a tub in my greenhouse until I figure out if I'm going to put them in my pond or set up a terrarium for them in the greenhouse. I was exploring the idea of starting a population of frogs in the greenhouse, but I have a feeling I might regret that later. Plus, I was thinking about using the large tank I had to breed guppies in the greenhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Thagirion View Post
    Nice Phal. I picked one up yesterday from the discount bin. I love the light yellow ones. Hehe, I saw your video. I get little notes since I'm subbed
    Haha, yeah, I like the phal too. I used to be into paphs phrags and cypes, but I've realized the beauty and simplicity of phals... I think I'm going to pick up a white one and a pink/purple spotted one at my local farmer's market today. Just a few to make the greenhouse pretty.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have what sounds like a million tree frogs in my backyard. Started out with a few, now sounds like a wetlands back there in the middle of the city, deafening at times If you want this effect in your greenhouse or yard, put in a water barrel or small pond with some water plants and they will breed readily.

You need a permit to collect tadpoles? What state?