Likes Likes:  0
Page 44 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Pineapple's Greenhouse

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    True, nobody really knows if coffee really works but in my opinion it saved one of my rarest plant cultivars from death... there was supposed to be a person a few years back that would test some flasked seedlings with maxsea and coffee and some with none, but I dont think that happened and they forgot about it.

Goodluck with those coconuts! My banana plant is putting up a third stalk and its roots are growing through the bottom of the pot... oh no!

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sarracenia_X View Post
    lol, you'll need a bigger greenhouse for COCONUT PALMS! do you know how TALL those things get?!?! what,is your plan to get a load of HUGE plants when there just tiny seedlings, stick them in thit li'l GH, and you just figure that by the time theyve grown so tall, there abut to crack there way up and out trough the polycarbonate, you'll have enough money to buy a GH the next size up?
    Nope, plan is to grow them until they're big enough to be stuck outside of the greenhouse and make it through the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    True, nobody really knows if coffee really works but in my opinion it saved one of my rarest plant cultivars from death... there was supposed to be a person a few years back that would test some flasked seedlings with maxsea and coffee and some with none, but I dont think that happened and they forgot about it.

Goodluck with those coconuts! My banana plant is putting up a third stalk and its roots are growing through the bottom of the pot... oh no!
    Just flushed all of the pots with around two cups of water. All of the plants look okay. Coffee on seeds, huh? Maybe that will get mine to germinate...

Thanks! The coconuts seem easy enough to grow, and so do my naners. All growing fairly quickly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Walked into the nep shop today. Started walking down the isle with all the Nepenthes. Looked at them, nothing special. I'd seen them all on my last trip. Nothing new. Was really disappointed and felt bad for driving almost two hours to get there. Then I turned around...

I picked it up immediately before looking at the price and said, "BUYING THIS!" Turned it around and it was a little more than I had hoped. I had set a budget for myself so that I wouldn't spend all of my money on pricey neps. My goal was $30 and under... This one was a bit more. I mean, given that it is a pretty rare/nice nep that is one of my faves, I wasn't going to ask if the price could be marked down. More than I wanted to pay, but I guess it's a fair deal, and may even seem like a steal for many others. The owner of the shop walked by and said he had just put the nep out two minutes ago because he found it in the back.

The substrate was extremely dry. The guy didn't even knew he had it. I can't imagine how it survived lol. If they didn't know it was there, it probably wasn't getting watered. I gave it a good soaking once I applied some live sphag on top of the pot. I'm so happy I went! Can't believe I found this! One of my favorite Nepenthes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    puts my aristos to shame..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mass View Post
    puts my aristos to shame..
    I'm sure yours looks great too. All aristos pretty much look the same to me. Unless yours is pretty small... Not sure how the very young pitchers look on this species. With time I'm sure yours will look amazing though.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice!!! If it survived in the back of the shop for all that time than your really lucky because its most likely a hardy clone .

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Very nice!!! If it survived in the back of the shop for all that time than your really lucky because its most likely a hardy clone .
    Didn't think of it that way. Good to hear that though. He had put it in a tray of water before I found it, it was in there a few minutes. Still wasn't very wet though, and that was after being stuck in a tray of water. I mean, the stuff it was in was bone dry. It was flaking and falling apart on the way home lol. Hopefully it will make it happier since I drenched it after applying sphag.