Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 47 of 90 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Thread: Pineapple's Greenhouse

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love your video! I loved it when you zoomed on a nepenthes and you said " that one is like stupid" i couldn't' stop laughing! LOL, great GH and plants as always

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Favian View Post
    I love your video! I loved it when you zoomed on a nepenthes and you said " that one is like stupid" i couldn't' stop laughing! LOL, great GH and plants as always
    Haha, thanks! Good to hear I made someone laugh in a good way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I've been writing plant names incorrectly... Well, maybe like 75% correct. I'm like a grammar nazi so that kind of stuff bothers me, but I'm too lazy to go back and change it all... So...

N. 'Ventrata' beginning its long journey to climb over the door of the greenhouse...
    Well.... if you want to be technical. N. ventrata is not a registered cultivar so there are no ' ' or capitals. Simply N. ventrata
    Is that a Nepenthes in your pocket or you just happy to see me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Paroubek View Post
    Well.... if you want to be technical. N. ventrata is not a registered cultivar so there are no ' ' or capitals. Simply N. ventrata
    So just to be clear, no capitalization or italics? I want to write it correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I walk into the greenhouse interested in my sphagnum. I noticed that there were a few strands growing very far up the side of the culture, and I thought to myself that it would be pointless to just keep the culture and never harvest a ton from it since its fully grown to its container. I pull out a bunch of strands and get ready to pick one of the containers up when I see something jump in the container over!

I ran in the house to get the camera. Before he got accidentally squished with the lens (and yes, it ruined the camera)...

Here's where my closeup started going too far...

I was surprised he was still in there! Just kidding about the squishing part. The camera is okay, thank god!... And the frog is fine too. Makes me worry about when he's big... I don't want to have frogs screaming in my greenhouse. These guys are as loud as ten cows, seriously. It's the only frog I have ever heard around here. I don't want him to end up in a pitcher either, or attract snakes in or whatever. Maybe I should just take him out now? He must be finding a ton of bugs in there. Each pitcher on some of my plants has 100+ ants in it. I found a massive, white spider in one of my ventrata pitchers I was about to cut off, then decided to let it stay.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a seriously tiny wee little froggie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thez_yo View Post
    That is a seriously tiny wee little froggie!
    Yeah, just a week or two out of the water. Still very small though. It takes maybe a month or more before they start putting on weight, and that's only if you heavily feed them, which I can't control for this dude. I wonder how long he's been in the sphagnum cultures... Now I'll probably check them out of curiosity every time I walk into the greenhouse lol.

Class 5 Nepenthes hoarder lance's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id let him stay. . . your Nep nursery regularly posts pictures on facebook of frogs poking their heads out of Nepenthes pitchers, so I don't think it's a problem.

In addition to growing plants, I design and build RC planes powered by Tesla batteries. Check out my progress at www.chargedplanes.com