0 Thread(s)
    wow piney that pitcher looks like a candy cane love it

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Nice! I wish we knew what it was, but the good thing about extensive grew hybrids is they are very hardy and produce varying results in pitchers!
    Kinda reminds me of a platychila peristome, just the peristome, but just the color... Definitely not a hybrid with platy though.

Quote Originally Posted by mylesG View Post
    wow piney that pitcher looks like a candy cane love it
    IKR? Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, more guppy crap...

NEW GREENHOUSE VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzVo48GNwac

I ordered Thai Black Moscows on aquabid. The females have long dorsal fins that stretch all the way back to their tail. So do the males. The males are 100% black. Getting the trio soon, hopefully by Freitag. Here's a picture of the strain from the seller...

So excited! This means I can use the babies from my other guppies to feed my neps and use the pure-bred babies to sell.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still wonder why your feeding your neps baby fish. If you really want to feed your plants why not use freeze-dried blood worms or if you want live food, crickets. I just feel that it's unessicary to use live fish.
    Good Growing!
    -Mike Fallen

My Growlist/wishlist: http://highlandtropicals.blogspot.co...-growlist.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he would have to breed or buy crickets whereas hes breeding the fish anyway so he will have alot of them at his disposal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikefallen13 View Post
    I still wonder why your feeding your neps baby fish. If you really want to feed your plants why not use freeze-dried blood worms or if you want live food, crickets. I just feel that it's unessicary to use live fish.
    I'm not feeding them baby fish yet... But I may start. I explained this in chat a bit ago... The guppies I currently have are fairly nice, pure strains, however each and every one is from a different strain. When they have babies, I'll have a mix of mutts. After three-four months, I'll start culling, which is where the Nepenthes come in. What I'm left with will be the nicer mutts. The nicer mutts will start breeding and I will remove the parents to reduce inbreeding. The babies of those will be culled after three-four months, which is where the Nepenthes come in again. The process will be repeated until I have a strain of fish containing genes from all of the current guppies I have.

The guppies I just ordered aren't plant food. Those are pure-bred, show-quality guppies that will be selectively bred and sold back on aquabid. The only ones of those that would become nep food are the deformed ones. So the Nepenthes are my way of culling, and they will benefit from it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mylesG View Post
    he would have to breed or buy crickets whereas hes breeding the fish anyway so he will have alot of them at his disposal.
    I actually catch bugs around my property and feed them to my neps. Anything from 2" spiders to ants to giant crane flies. Since my neps are outside, each pitchers catches a lot of bugs. I have some nep pitchers filled with hundreds and hundreds of ants, for real, hundreds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Coffee treatment... 11/6/12
    Flush... 13/6/12