Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast

Thread: Pineapple's Greenhouse

Formerly known as Pineapple Nepenthesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My singalana getting all drooly...

My Densiflora x Spectabilis with a cup full of digestive juices...

My Densiflora x Spectabilis's biggest pitcher...

Variety of temperate mosses, including LIVE American northwest sphagnum!...

My Pasian Highland Truncata's new leaf! Hopefully I'll get a nice pitcher, and hopefully with a taste of the adult color!...

My Ventricosa x Talangensis's two basal shoots are putting out MASSIVE leaves!!!...

The humidity in this corner is higher because it has four pots with wet substrate, plus there is some standing water in the bottom, but the substrate isn't saturated... It should last the plants for a while in this humidity! It's usually around 90% in this corner, but all of the other parts should have lower humidity... Picture was taken after the hood was open for a few minutes for me to take awesome pics!!!

I'm extremely happy with my purchases today. Hopefully they're happy with me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plants are looking great!

Be aware those dial type thermometers/hydrometers usually are very inaccurate. A digital one with probe is much more accurate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 31drew31 View Post
    Plants are looking great!

Be aware those dial type thermometers/hydrometers usually are very inaccurate. A digital one with probe is much more accurate.
    I have a $10 digital one from Home Depot, but it's way off of what my dial ones say. My dial hydrometer says 80%, my digital one says 75%. My dial thermometer says 70F, my digital one says 65F... It just confuses me. Here's the one I have...

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

Is there one on the cheap end of the spectrum that you could suggest? I don't want to pay like $50 for anything, but $20 for an okay one is reasonable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 5% difference isn't much of a problem, especially if you average the two out. I use a digital one similar to yours, and also a digital with probe made by zoomed I believe. The probe is nice because often after a while the humidity starts to affect the screens IME.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 31drew31 View Post
    A 5% difference isn't much of a problem, especially if you average the two out. I use a digital one similar to yours, and also a digital with probe made by zoomed I believe. The probe is nice because often after a while the humidity starts to affect the screens IME.
    Good idea averaging the two. I have the digital in the greenhouse right now and the dial in the terrarium, so I can't do that as of this moment. Hopefully the weather will warm up soon and I came move all of the neps into the greenhouse!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't take any sand away - if anything, you'll need to add some later as the soil settles. Just let it find its level.

Also, very nice plants.
    "There is no pain as great as being alive,
    no burden heavier than that of conscious life. "
    -Rubén Darío-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokken View Post
    I wouldn't take any sand away - if anything, you'll need to add some later as the soil settles. Just let it find its level.

Also, very nice plants.
    The sand is getting knocked around. It's rather annoying because it hurts if I kneel down or if I'm barefoot. I'll leave it and let it settle then. It's a good insulator and heat retainer anyways, so more is better I guess!

Thanks! I love the plants too. Even though they're small, they should grow pretty quickly. The grower showed me the parent of the singalana and the pitchers were massive! He said it took about two years to get that one from my plant's size to that huge size. Plus, that singalana came planted in live sphagnum. It was the cheapest one I got, but I like it just as much as the other two.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Progress shot from yesterday, all finished up today. Looks really nice in the greenhouse! Pics tomorrow.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pineapple View Post
    I have a $10 digital one from Home Depot, but it's way off of what my dial ones say. My dial hydrometer says 80%, my digital one says 75%. My dial thermometer says 70F, my digital one says 65F... It just confuses me. Here's the one I have...

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

Is there one on the cheap end of the spectrum that you could suggest? I don't want to pay like $50 for anything, but $20 for an okay one is reasonable.
    If you have more than one non-digital hygrometer you can test to see if one is off... One of my thermometers for my retpile cage that I used in my miracle fruti bag was ten degrees below my digital one with a prob and the surface temp reading of my ir thermometer.. So i dont use that one anymore..

Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast