What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pineapple's Greenhouse

Bongso var robusta. Definitely goes on my "gotta have" list. Wowie! Nice growing, man. Jealous now.

I don't really take pictures anymore. I have videos of greenhouse progress on YouTube. I'll post here every time there's a substantial update.

This is my newest update from October 30th, 2013...

i was sure the music would make my head pop by the end.... i survived, but just barely :lol:

reminds me of yoshi story music. that awesome N64 game :p

Great update! That boschiana x mira looks nice, doesn't seem like many people have that cross.

Thanks guys!

I guess I'll just be updating this with videos... It takes me less time to make a video rather than take tons of pictures and upload them into a formatted post. Plus, it is much more thorough. For those of you who don't have YouTube accounts / aren't subscribed to me yet, I'll embed the important videos here.

This one is more of an informational video targeted at newbies and people who just want to learn about CPs. It's also interesting for advanced hobbyists -- my Nepenthes lowii x campanulata is creating exudate under the lid on its newest pitcher. You can see a tiny bit of it in this video, but since I made the video, a ton more has formed and most of the lid is white. The cool thing is that it's a still a lower pitcher.

A video I made about Nepenthes pitchers that shows some of my larger vines' pitchers...

Another informational video about my greenhouse showing all of my equipment and many of the plants...

Very nice!

Much improved videos, and some great looking plants!

wow, cool stuff! been away from TF for awhile, its nice to come back and see loads of gorgeous plants! (although it does make me a bit jelous!)

Thanks guys! :)

I try to make new videos weekly (usually on Fridays) and this Friday I'm probably going to upload a greenhouse tour / winter nep update. I'll link it here when uploaded (if I remember, hehe).

Agreed: much more watchable, especially since you abandoned the technopop soundtracks ;-)

Not technopop, JPOP! :p

I had abandoned that music and now I just use royalty-free music of all varieties from one composer (Kevin MacLeod) which people seem to like better. I've tried remaking my popular videos from a while back that used other music, hence the "Harbor Freight Greenhouse Improvements" video which I had already made, but it was low quality.

Thanks for the update Pine. Been wondering how your greenhouse has been coming along. That big nep in the last vid has grown so much! The sphag cultures have sure come a long way too. Nicely grown sir!

I love your videos!

The seed pods of my N. ventrata's flower stalk started splitting open and I found seeds inside to my surprise! Wasn't thinking they were fertilized and I didn't really register that they were swelling in size.

I've started harvesting the seeds. Here's a video I uploaded today of me harvesting and opening the seed pods. Another seed sowing tutorial will come soon!

Oh no, though I had already shared this... Oops.

Greenhouse update from winter showing all of my coolest plants...

Very cool!

Dude, I'm very impressed. Great job with those!

Back