What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's see your planted terrariums!

Okay well there enlies the problem then cause my drain layer will be completly submerged. Thus creating the pond... if I just kept the layer of mud in the substrate layer that would be fine. Idk I know this take is going to def take me a couple months that's for sure. Maybe some experimenting is in order.

If you allow the mud to harden will it stay hard? I know once clay hardens tit takes a lot to get it to soak again

Okay well there enlies the problem then cause my drain layer will be completly submerged. Thus creating the pond...
Yup that's how my crab tanks are with their "ponds". The drainage layer is 2" deep of Hydroton clay balls (under the "soil" portion) then a layer of nylon window screen mesh then my planting subtrate. The "shoreline" is made up of various sized rocks and the pond area has pea gravel for underwater you don't see the hydroton drainage layer except from the sides and back.

You can allow it to dry but it will shrink (pull away from the walls) and crack when dried out.

how are you growing amp with helis :0o:

It seems content as an intermediate although it grows rather slow lol.

The backing on my tank is just LFS moss crammed in the back and then I mounted cork bark to the eggcrate then shoved plants and more LFS moss in between the cork bark and everything just kind of grows out. I also put live peat moss and java moss on the drip wall so the moss just grows down the cork bark.

Wow Swords the tanks are amazing. Where do you find all the time????

Everyone else your tanks are awesome too I like your tank mluk.

How many days does the kitty litter have to sit before you can use it? Getting the waterfall pieced together it'll take a couple days. Lol can you use a misting system as well? I figured this vivarium I'm gunna spend atleast a few months on but I can post updates as I go. I've been talking to some people on dendroboards and they've given me a lot of usefuly advice. Even some new ideas. Can wait to show my progress. Trying to make this an all southern hem. Preferablly mostly australian vivarium so if anyone has any leads for some australian plant please feel free to send me a pm.

Back