What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How i can cool my terrarium Peltier ?

Hi guys i'm trying to cool down my highland terrarium i have bought a peltier cell
Can this method can works in a 10 gallon terrarium ? ???

depends on the thermal loading....

if you need to do a lot of cooling and the terrarium is enclosed.... I would recommend an aquarium chiller circulating cold liquid to a heat exchanger mounted inside the terrarium
(expensive but nice)

otherwise, evaporational cooling or rigging some type of duct to a AC unit

together they make up the majority of systems in use

I cool my Highland enclosure with a fan pushing air from my window through a 4" diameter flexible aluminum duct and in through the side of my grow chamber. I can take air from the outside 9 months of the year to get good Highland temperatures. in summer I just put my fan infront of the Window Air Conditioner.

My HL enclosure is 4 ft x 2 ft x 2ft and custom made from foam insulation sheets and glass top & sliding front doors. A 10 gallon aquarium would be a difficult thing to plumb for such a setup required by HL plants. A larger setup would be easier to put together the cooling and you will need a bigger area before long anyway.

BTW, using frozen 2-liters gets old.... plus they have the undesirable side effect of acting like a dehumidifer

The condensation you see on them comes from the air you are wanting to stay humid... condensation is not desirable in this application

;)

Back