Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My yard this morning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's pretty amazing! We have some areas nearby that flood several times a year. I know several kids had to use a raft to get to school a few years ago. Once or twice the water has prevented us from getting to the nearest large town, but I don't think I've seen flooding like yours often!
    Last edited by Foxoftherose; 01-20-2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Forgot something
    Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=127701
    "N. jacq is the Lady GaGa of toilet bowl neps... it causes so much controversy" ~Exo

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Paul, after looking at those pictures it's amazing to think just a couple of hours north I've hardly seen any rain. Seeing that you said you "came within inches... of a lot of damage," does this mean the flood levels are now receding?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul, sorry to see this. I hope the situation is much improved by now, but the clean up is going to take a lot of work. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    Check out my Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow thats alot of water... we live down on the lowlands but get nothing like that... hope everything will be okay for you. p.s. i like the design of your house and that greenhouse as well. completly round is the way to go and for the house awesome dark color. The motorcycle wasnt harmed was it? lol

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: water is receding slowly, there will be a mess to clean up, but very little real damage to structures. At the peak of flow there was nearly 18" of water in my Nepenthes house! I was able to keep it heated (propane) without any difficulty and nothing was damaged. I don't think the plants even noticed!

It will be days before I can leave the farm, by the look of things; there is a half mile wide field to cross to get to the main road, and that is still a raging torrent three to four feet deep this morning.

I appreciate the well wishes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow are you all stocked up on provisions?glad to hear your property was for the most part left alone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    18" in the greenhouse is insanity! I'd put that place on pedestals and make it my own Venice.
    How long does a tank of propane last you? Ours is huge, just in case we get snowed in.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123