User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: }{@z3's Australian Cp VIv build (The Grotto)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For fish I'd go with Pseudomugil gertrudae. They're gorgeous little school rainbowfish with blue eyes, yellow bodies (typically), and huge fins for their size. I'd get a group of at least 6 of them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh I was thinkin some kind of rainbow or killie. I know killies arnt native to australia tho so that y I wanted to go with the rainbows. I know they need some what fast moving water but I will have to do some more research on them b4 anything... and I have plenty of time for that. Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HEY EVERYONE! more pics for all of you to enjoy.
    siliconed the base of the waterfall at desired height and angle. and while i wait to dry i made the false bottom
    applying a weedbarrier onto the fale bottom. started with one end and started to pull snuggly tight to the egg crate
    final result. not 100 percent snug but the excess weedbarrier will allow great stuff to stick better.

while still waiting for the base to harden up i added some great stuff to the false bottom.

siliconed the entire waterfall together and added some pillars underneath.

okay i forgot to take some pics of adding the false bottom and the pillars for supporting it. its siliconed in on the sides and the base and top of the pillars are siliconed in to secure. this pic is the great stuff after it dried. a few small pot added to the walls for adding more plants.

added the peat background. i used black silicone and thinned it with toluene allowing it to speard easier. where the gs is still showing its where im putting a fake rock planter.

well this is all the poics i have for now. will post more in the coming days.

}{@z3

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot wait to see this further along!!!! Looking great
    JB
    Friend me on facebook with JB_orchidguy@yahoo.com.
    Growlist Updated 05/08/13

BANNED
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, dude, this is going to look amazing when you're finished. Definitely keep us posted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hazedshaman View Post
    Yeh I was thinkin some kind of rainbow or killie. I know killies arnt native to australia tho so that y I wanted to go with the rainbows. I know they need some what fast moving water but I will have to do some more research on them b4 anything... and I have plenty of time for that. Lol
    Pseudomugils actually don't need fast moving water. They're found everywhere from swamps to streams. You could also stock a pair of peacock or purple spot gudgeons. Those are lively, active, and really pretty. A desert goby would be another possibility. I'm trying to think of other small Aussie fish, but nothing is coming to mind right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've thought of desert gobies but they are a brackish water fish I thought. There aren't to many aussie fish that stay small in the aquarium fish hobby lol. Would the rainbows and gudeons get along? I know that a lot of rainbow species are aggresive but if they were raised together then they may get along with each other? I know my oscar was aggresive to my poly pamas until I cleaned the tank. After such a tramatic experience I guess they both realized they are now friends.
    Last edited by hazedshaman; 01-29-2012 at 10:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, the gudgeons and Pseudomugils are very peaceful. The blue eyes will add a lot of activity, especially in a large-ish group. Males are constantly showing off. They live in different levels of the tank, too. I know, almost every fish in Australia is huge.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast