Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tea leaves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tea leaves

I have heard a lot of good about using coffee to give Nepenthes a boost. I am curious if (used, no creamer) tea leaves scattered about the surface, or even mixed into the soil mix, would have a similar effect on the bog-ish plants; Sarracenia, Dionaea, Drosera, Pinguicula. The leaves are acid, so there's a plus. The chopped pine needles I mixed in last year got a good response from the plants; I'm game to try something new. If nothing else, will the tea leaves harm the plants?
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've often wondered that myself.. being a big tea drinker also.. I throw out a ton of tea leaves every day..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pure decaff black tea leaves (and almond leaves) are commonly used in getting a few species of delicate neotropical tadpoles to make it to maturity. Might be an interesting experiment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brie View Post
    I've often wondered that myself.. being a big tea drinker also.. I throw out a ton of tea leaves every day..
    Next time I go to the USA I'll have to contact you to find out where you can get good tea over there, as the teabags in hotels are horrible.

carnivorous plants of the world -- unite! DragonsEye's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like your new & improved avatar, Brie.

Tea leaves make excellant compost. I empty mine outside -- be a waste to throw them in a landfill. Can't say how the cps would react. I agree with Phy ... sounds like an interesting experiment in the making.
    "Blessed are the crackedů.
    For they are the ones who let in the light."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hummm interesting to know if it brings about good results in neps and dews, i might have to try the tea leafs on one of my neps soon

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile View Post
    Next time I go to the USA I'll have to contact you to find out where you can get good tea over there, as the teabags in hotels are horrible.
    To find anything of truly good quality in America one will typically have to venture a bit further than their hotel room.
    LOOKING FOR: N. (argentii x bicalcarata) x {[(lingulata x edwardsiana) x (naga x hamata)] x [(klossii x undulatifolia) x (aristolochioides x rajah)]} Growlist: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=124586

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexenthes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mobile View Post
    To find anything of truly good quality in America one will typically have to venture a bit further than their hotel room.
    Ugggh! The last, and do I mean LAST time I tried hotel tea, it tasted like plastic. I wouldn't have been surprised to see they were storing it under the sink. Bleargh!

Believe it or not, Target has some really nice teas, for little cost. But if you want some worth it's weight in LFS, there are a couple places I know in the area that have VERY nice loose leaf and flower teas. Mmmm!

I'll chuck a few bags worth in a few pots, and see how things go.
    If you shake a rain stick, you get rain. I need a hamata stick.
    My WWWs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast