Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DIY Humidifier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lance View Post
    Nice! Something I heard that I would recommend trying is attaching a flotation system to the fogger which will allow a LOT more water while the fogger sits at the right level to make fog.
    What do you recommend using as a flotation device? I did not have anything on hand to make the heavy float so instead I just went with the 5 gallon tank. Floating would save me the space of having a 5 gallon water drum!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the point of a floating fogger (buoy) in a 5 gallon bucket is that you can fill the bucket all the way up and it'll stay at the optimum depth for fog production. Therefore, you don't have to refill the thing nearly as often. You can buy buoys specifically for this purpose.

Here's my bucket fogger:

Skip to about 2:45 for the humidifier and about 6:25 to see it "in action." If you have any other questions about mine, I'm happy to help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice setup Kyle, I'll ask you the same question as I asked lance, what do you use to float your fogger? (Hope you didn't mention it verbally in the video as I'm not able to turn the volume on right now). The fogger I have right is just to heavy for anything I have laying around.

As a side question about your setup, do you not have mildew buildup with the rugs and electrical problems with your outlets so close to the humidifier entry vent? Your plants look like they're enjoying your new setup, well done!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mentioned in my post above that you can buy buoys specifically for them, that's what I use. I bought the fogger and buoy together. You can get one here, Ctrl+F "K011" and you'll find it. You can, of course, get them elsewhere, but that's just to give you an idea.

And thank ya and no, no mildew or mold or any electrical problems. The fog comes out about 18" away from that power strip and blows away from it, so there's no issues there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice, thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You bet, good luck!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Kyle;1062826]I mentioned in my post above that you can buy buoys specifically for them, that's what I use. I bought the fogger and buoy together. You can get one here, Ctrl+F "K011" and you'll find it. You can, of course, get them elsewhere, but that's just to give you an idea.

What fogger did you get Kyle to go with the K011 Float?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Kyle

If you don't mind me asking, what is the output on the power supply (V, mA) for the fogger you are using?

Thank you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast