What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mass's Outdoor Mini

Not much to look at, but the shelves are starting to fill up for the season. And as you can tell by the empty grow table, I suck at sarrs and cobras. :down:

IMG_1232.jpg

Mostly just some seedlings. But there's a few of the larger rhizomes that may or may not have survived the winter. We'll just have to wait and see.. again.

IMG_1233.jpg

seedlings..

IMG_1234.jpg

Mostly succulents, cacti, and house plants. But there's some carnivores in there too.

IMG_1241.jpg

Like my capes, and what's left of my ping collection. Finally shrank it down to a manageable size.

IMG_1236.jpg

Other various species of drosera trying to adapt to the great outdoors.

IMG_1239.jpg

And last but not least.. MY FIRST SARR FLOWER!!! I can't wait.. S. purpurea (Dorcas Bay, Bruce Peninsula, Ontario, Canada)

IMG_1238.jpg

Nice GH! Thinking about doing the same thing with a few of my houseplants.

Nice GH! Thinking about doing the same thing with a few of my houseplants.

They have to suffer with sitting in front of the back sliding door all winter, so I try to pamper them during the warm seasons.

NICE! Some of my sarrs were starting to shoot out flowers, until the weather suddenly dropped 30 degrees.

Give us the warmth back, you Wolverine-loving yahoo!

It's been 82*F and sunny everyday this week.
Already spottings of morels about 20 minutes from here. Full blown spring time in Michigan. :awesome:

:crap: Death sentence.
I brought my dews in for the upcoming cold weather, but left the others since it wasn't going to get below freezing. Well.. high winds ripped the door off the GH, and the temps dropped to 28*F. If you see it in those pics, and it's not a sundew.. it's DEAD! My entire ping collection, all my succulents, and the 2 neps for starters.
What a great day this is turning out to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ouch! Sorry man! It got down to about 24 degrees here last night and it's almost 70 right now! Crazy weather

Oh man that sucks. I'm very sorry to hear that.

Sorry to hear that. Been hating the weather around here myself.

Oh crap! That cold front is supposed to get here next week, but it should have moderated a bit by then.
Sorry to hear about your losses.

So much for Mass's Outdoor Mini. Lasted a WHOLE year before turning to crap.

IMG_1375.jpg

Variegated N. x splendiana x (‘Rokko’ x stenophylla) = Junk

IMG_1376.jpg

What used to be my favorite succulent. Kalanchoe pinnata ~ Miracle Leaf succulent = Me having a bad day.

IMG_1378.jpg

At least some of the pings will make it. Just not sure which ones yet. I already know ALL of the P. lauenea x emarginata are dead. Which is of course my favorite ones in the bunch. :cry:

IMG_1379.jpg

The weather has been very ...."different" here for us as well this year.
Hope most make it anyway Mass.
My condolances on the ones lost.:-(

Thanks Larry.
Hope I don't shock the survivors even more by bringing them into the warm house. But that's a chance I gotta take. *mass's imaginary emote here*

Oh Mass, I'm so sorry! Dangit, it's times like this that I wish I had a big ole collection so I could donate something to you. C'mon guys! Surely others out there have a few plants to help mass get this project back up and running?

Oh Mass, I'm so sorry! Dangit, it's times like this that I wish I had a big ole collection so I could donate something to you. C'mon guys! Surely others out there have a few plants to help mass get this project back up and running?

I appreciate that sweety.. but if it's not meant to be it's just not meant to be. The good Lord took them to the ol' bog in the sky for a reason. ;)

Don't give up on them yet. I had a nepenthes miranda that only had a stump left due to cold damage but started growing back. Well, that was before I over fertilized it. We are getting back to normal spring weather around here, it's sad how warm it was.

I'm not sure if you can do this, but what I've been doing is leaving my tropical plants outside during the daytime when it's 50-60 degrees and bringing them in at night when it drops to around 40 degrees.

Anyway good luck with those plants recovering, don't be like me and super impatient and pick at them and I'm sure most will pull through.

That's awful!!! When my P. cyclosecta pulling strikes beef up a bit more I'll see if I can send you one.

Sorry for your losses, Amigo. :-( 'Hope the damage is less than it appears.

Back