What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Windowsil growtube

Hi all
It was always a big dream of me to grow a N. bical, but never possible for me because in Sweden it was to dark and now in germany i dont have space because my basement is full with highland neps.
So i thought about how i can grow a bical and dont spend much money for a setup.
I found a nice and cheap solution for my windowsill. The window get full sun for 6hrs.
Found PET sheet in a hardware store and build a small tube for a first test. When the bical gets bigger i can easy build one with 1m or 1,5m diameter :) and costs for the small one is only 15euro.
Here are some pics, plants are now inside the tube since 2-3 weeks and seem to start growing now.

some pervileii

N bicalcarata

Wow that is definitely the first time I've ever seen anything like that! Quite an ingenius solution to growing lowlanders. Are you heating it at all, or is it warm enough without it?

Someday you will have to expand that tube to epic proportions... :lol:

haha yeah. thanks. yeah this is a good idea. i grow now Highland neps since 8 years and a bical was always my biggest dream.
well it get very hot because the heating element is right under the tube and sun is shining directly on this. i never checked the temps but it seem to work well...

Nice. Yeah bicalcarata is such a beauty. One of the only lowlanders that makes it worth it in my opinion.

I miss mine.. .

That's very nice. Looks very futuristic.

That's brilliant! I'll have to try that method with my lowlanders this year.

Where there's a will, there's a way! I LOVE the innovative ways people come up with to grow these plants. Great job!!

Back