Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Another cooling system

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got two 120mm radiators from some guy on craigslist, haven't set them up yet. But from what I can tell there is no specific input/output holes. So it shouldn't matter how you plug it in. If your temps are not as low as you'd like, consider putting the radiator inside the terrarium and close of that side of it that is a mesh now. Basically keep it all sealed. This way it should be more efficient.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Heli View Post
    Not as well as I would like. It gets the terrarium down to 60 at most. I think I did something wrong. Does the rad have a specific input and output for the tubes?
    Have you got an adjustable thermostat on the cooler, or is it set to a factory default? Maybe there is not enough temperature differential?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is an adjustable thermostat. I put it all the way, and when I stick my hand in the reservoir it gets numb after a little while.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The front of the rad is pretty much entirely in the tank.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heli, you want to avoid cooling outside air. For that the entire radiator and fan must be inside. Your cold air also leaks out from the side. So...

In addition mobile and robthered pointed out that the thermostat that comes with the cooler might not go low enough. So the current thermostat is jammed in always "ON" position and the temperature is regulated via and outside thermostat like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Refrigerator-F.../dp/B000EXROSE
    Last edited by gill_za; 05-17-2012 at 07:19 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gill, I have gorilla tape on the sides sealing it so all the air goes in the tank. I am not sure how to jam my temp controller so its always on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all! I have enjoyed reading through this thread greatly. I almost bought an aquarium chiller for hundreds of dollars before discovering this. The only thing I have to ask before buying a water cooler is which one should I get? There don't seem to be any used in my area atm so I am going new. I would ideally like a smaller sized unit but as I read the very small ones don't cool the water nearly fast/well enough. So I guess the smallest compressor based unit available is what I want. I have been surfing around looking at different models and there are just too many for me to pick from. Please help

If anyone has recently purchased one new or has a model that is still available, can you please link it to me? I have my Rad and fans on the way so I am just a water cooler away from gettin this done

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Id think Elkay or GE would be good brands.